TBCB 2103

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

Hanson Bros

TBCB 2103

Post by Hanson Bros »

I know Paul is working on the new one but I transported my 14 year old universe over to TB 2013 and am having a lot of problems ... game crashes pretty much every card at some point .... and about 4 cards ago it stopped recording prize money

any suggestions?
zyberianwarrior

Re: TBCB 2103

Post by zyberianwarrior »

re install 2013??
Cap

Post by Cap »

Hope you saved your original AU. TB2013 was a disaster. Wait for next version coming to a store near you within this century....guaranteed!
Hanson Bros

Post by Hanson Bros »

zyberianwarrior wrote: Fri 02 Nov, 2018 3:09 am re install 2013??
that might be an idea will try it
Hanson Bros

Post by Hanson Bros »

that seemed to solve the prize money issue ... thanks for the obvious suggestion LOL
jamesmadden97

Post by jamesmadden97 »

Are we any closer to seeing the new version? This one we've been stuck with for half a decade is the worst effort at a game ever. Broken as hell
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

jamesmadden97 wrote: Wed 05 Dec, 2018 5:44 am Are we any closer to seeing the new version? This one we've been stuck with for half a decade is the worst effort at a game ever. Broken as hell
Don’t look like it :(
Cap

Post by Cap »

Considering how long this is taking and we haven't heard of any real progress, we can probably assume the programmer has found serious fault with his work and has started over from scratch. Don't expect to see anything in the foreseeable future unless he sells the game to a full-time programming team.
pilight

Post by pilight »

I doubt we'll see a new version. Remember it was supposed to out for Christmas of 2015.

2.5 still works for me, other than the once per session freeze that we have a workaround for.
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

Cap wrote: Fri 28 Dec, 2018 7:27 pm Considering how long this is taking and we haven't heard of any real progress, we can probably assume the programmer has found serious fault with his work and has started over from scratch. Don't expect to see anything in the foreseeable future unless he sells the game to a full-time programming team.
I doubt he has found a serious fault I think he’s probably just not getting time to work on it so it is just sitting there not getting any closer to
Coming out. Personally I think he should just release it as a beta and then release updates then atleast we have something to play while he finishes it off
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

I wonder if 2103 is the year we will get to play the new version…I think that could be a bit optimistic
Cap

Post by Cap »

If ANY progress is actually being made on putting something out before we die, you would think the potential purchasers of said product would be given a progress report of more than two or three sentences more than once a year.....
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

Cap wrote: Thu 17 Jan, 2019 5:38 pm If ANY progress is actually being made on putting something out before we die, you would think the potential purchasers of said product would be given a progress report of more than two or three sentences more than once a year.....
You would think so…it would give us hope…but for some reason he really doesn’t want to tell us much…I wonder if he’s even working on it at the moment…just to think the last video we saw were it looked almost done or at least playable was over a year ago
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

Come on Paul give us some GOOD news or a decent update or just…anything :?
Cap

Post by Cap »

If there wasn't some flaw discovered I would think the design team (Paul) has thought of some brilliant addition to make the elusive game even better than originally planned which, of course, will necessitate the delay of several more months.....
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

Problem is with this game the boxing world is changing every day with new things happening that haven’t happened before like the world boxing super series for example which means the longer it takes to come out the more it will be missing
Cap

Post by Cap »

Live boxing is becoming more and more elusive. I saw a live PBC show on regular FOX TV this week, the first I've seen in many months. Hard to follow a sport that only exists on PPV and expensive specialty cable channels. Fans falling away? If Paul wants to sell his game he'd better hurry.
mugsy

Post by mugsy »

Live boxing isn't all that elusive. HBO doesn't show boxing anymore so no need to pay for that cable channel. Showtime does and not sure what the rate is from cable company to cable company but it's like 11 or 12 bucks a month for me. ESPN is part of my basic cable package as is Fox Sports. Plus for 4.99 a month you can get ESPN+ and 9.99 a month you can get DAZN. So honestly it's not crazy expensive if you really want to get your fill of boxing (and ESPN and DAZN have a pretty extensive archive section too). PPV isn't as common as it used to be (remember when there was one every month?) and if you wait a week it's shown on whatever channel was responsible for PPV.

As for the next version of the game, I have given up. Not because people won't pay for it but because Paul simply doesn't have the time to work on it. He hardly ever responds in the forum and I can't remember the last time he gave an update on it's progress
jamesmadden97

Post by jamesmadden97 »

It's been abandoned I bet. I wish he'd just release the 3.0 version in it's current state at least it gives us something to play about with! Wasn't it originally meant to be Title Bout 2015? 4 years later.
Cap

Post by Cap »

Paul, I suggest you have one of your Beta Testers post an update on the OOTP Title Bout forum. Not everyone there visits here. Might be some OOTP baseball owners would be interested.

By the way, what have you decided to call your game when it is ready? How about "Title Bout Championship Boxing: Road to Glory!" Might be wise not to attach a specific year to it.