Is TB2.5 Dead?

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

Paul Norman
Site Admin

Is TB2.5 Dead?

Post by Paul Norman »

Hi All,

It has come to my attention that the latest Windows10 update is not compatible with TB2.5. I know TB2.5 runs fine on Linux under Wine, so I think the only way to keep using TB2.5 is to use a similar virtual system. A quick Google search revealed "Windows Virtual PC" which is free and allows one to run Windows XP "in a window"...

I think this is going to be the bext way forward and invite someone with Windows to post step-by-step instructions below on how to keep running TB2.5 using Windows Virtual PC.
pilight

Re: Is TB2.5 Dead?

Post by pilight »

Ideally this won't be necessary for much longer
Cap

Post by Cap »

Yes. I fully expect to see a working version of TB 3.0 within the next six months.
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

Cap wrote:Yes. I fully expect to see a working version of TB 3.0 within the next six months.
6 months? I hope it’s not that long :| I was hoping for something more like 6 weeks or preferably less :geek:
Cap

Post by Cap »

You must be new here. :D I was being optimistic. Paul will have his OOTP duties now to keep him occupied.
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

Cap wrote:You must be new here. :D I was being optimistic. Paul will have his OOTP duties now to keep him occupied.
I noooooooo but it just looks so close on the videos and stuff
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

this will sounds weird coming from me, but i have windows 10 and it's working fine on my machine (version 2.5)
Cap

Post by Cap »

Same old problem with PC games. Works fine on one setup, works on another with some quirks, and does not work at all with a third machine. Same OS on all three but other stuff (to use a technical term) on each machine is different. No one can programme for so many different variables. Or so I'm told. I remember having this problem with Windows 97 and a baseball sim. Game played but sound was crappy.
dempsonny

Post by dempsonny »

I have Windows 10, no issues other than occasional crash. Is there really a new version coming out before 2021?
I'd just like to see some choice of build, race, hair (bald, fro, crew cut, etc.) Also different colored trunks, 2 white guys in red trunks doesn't cut it.
Cap

Post by Cap »

No way this time around. Maybe in next future version in 2025.
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

every time Paul goes quiet for a for a while it does make me wonder if we are still a long way off getting our hands on the game...part of me hopes that when hes quiet its because hes so close to having it finished that he wants get the last bits done so he can come and say its done! its going to be out next week!...but that could just be me being blindly optimistic i guess we can only hope that its out soon
Rob Morris

Post by Rob Morris »

My guess Paul is working on OOTP.
Cap

Post by Cap »

Most likely. His first obligation.
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

Yet another month gone and still nothing...not even any news or anything lately...when we got that first video 8 months ago I really thought it looked like it was going to be out soon...and that was 8 MONTHS AGO! Any thoughts on when we might get to play it?
Cap

Post by Cap »

Think about it. The first thing he produced was called TB 2013. That was a long while ago. He can't do anything with the next version until his obligations to OOTP are complete for the year and he has personal time to work on it. He is a one-man operation working part-time with family responsibilities too.

So keep buying those lottery tickets.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Rob Morris wrote:My guess Paul is working on OOTP.
Yep... I was (am)... I am starting to get back into TB now, but that does not mean there won;t be another OOTP issue arise.
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

fingers crossed you get to work on it enough to get it out before there are any more issues with OOTP. do you feel like you have got to do much more on it before you can release it? obviously you can't really give a time but would you say it is 70%, 80% done? 90%? 99%?
Hanson Bros

Post by Hanson Bros »

I was able to run TB2.5 on Windows 10 ... my issue was the fighter database was dead so couldn't update from the ratings guys
pilight

Post by pilight »

Hanson Bros wrote: Wed 07 Nov, 2018 8:38 pm I was able to run TB2.5 on Windows 10 ... my issue was the fighter database was dead so couldn't update from the ratings guys
They changed the location of the database. Shortly afterwards, updates stopped working in both 2.5 and 2013.
jamesmadden97

Post by jamesmadden97 »

Paul totally unrelated but have we got any update on the new title bout? I'm really optimistic for it and hoping it'll be a huge improvement from TBCB13.