Game Update?

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

HarveyChamp1

Game Update?

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Any updates Paul? will take another video from your son at this point
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Game Update?

Post by Paul Norman »

HarveyChamp1 wrote:Any updates Paul? will take another video from your son at this point
At the end of last week I released a new testing version with Career Mode enabled for the testers to play with. My son is hoping to upload more videos soon. Its very reassuring to see him enjoying the game. I hope the testing group also find the career mode as much fun... ;)
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

any chance of a release before the end of the year if the feedback is positive?
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

lewis9a wrote:any chance of a release before the end of the year if the feedback is positive?
*IF* the testers came back today saying its perfect I could release it tomorrow... However, I really doubt thats what will happen... Until I get feedback I will not know how much I need to adjust.
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

working on that..
Cap

Post by Cap »

Paul, would be good idea to post update over at the old forum as many still go there. Just a thought.

Cap
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Cap wrote:Paul, would be good idea to post update over at the old forum as many still go there. Just a thought.

Cap
Can you do it for me please, last time I tried to log in it refused to take my password :(
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Fantastic news Paul, hopefully we will get a release by the summer
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Sorry if this has already been addressed, which I'm sure it has!

But what options are there for career mode? Is there an option to start with real-life fighters at the start of 2018 for example?
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

HarveyChamp1 wrote:Sorry if this has already been addressed, which I'm sure it has!

But what options are there for career mode? Is there an option to start with real-life fighters at the start of 2018 for example?
Yes, if you start a historical game you can select the start year, if you select 2018, it will load current fighters and a few random ones to create a balanced database for the game to progress.
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Paul Norman wrote:
HarveyChamp1 wrote:Sorry if this has already been addressed, which I'm sure it has!

Yes, if you start a historical game you can select the start year, if you select 2018, it will load current fighters and a few random ones to create a balanced database for the game to progress.
Very exciting!!
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

have you had any feedback from the testers yet? if yes any idea how much longer it could be? how much more work do you need to do on it?
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

lewis9a wrote:have you had any feedback from the testers yet? if yes any idea how much longer it could be? how much more work do you need to do on it?
I have got a few bugs yes... I have not checked the testing forum for more detailed feedback. I think after the weekend the testers will have had time to play and get used to the game.
Cap

Post by Cap »

Best of luck to you. As previously mentioned, my chief concern with any new version is stability. Many of us have been playing the same game for a very long time, building alternate universes that we would like to preserve, and we would not switch over if we couldn't carry over and seamlessly run our AUs. For others I know this would not be a problem. I'm hoping the career aspect of the new game attracts loads of new gamers (and their money) to bolster your efforts thus far. There have been requests for a career version from day one years ago. I, however, prefer to create and run my own AU, though if the new game makes this easier, I'm all for it.

The central factor which would dictate the success of the new game involves the game engine itself and how it realistically simulates the sport of professional boxing. This means realistic fight results that cover the whole spectrum from split decisions, to cut stoppages, to retirements, to disqualifications, etc. Another big aspect of it will be how the fight itself is displayed to emphasize a struggle between individuals, not, as in the amateurs, between countries. The fight screen is an essential element of creating the illusion of real combat through a mix of sights and sounds. Animation is a nice touch but not at the expense of simple descriptive text.

Take the best ideas from previous versions and expand on them.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

Any idea of the latest you think it could be released now you have got some feedback?
Cap

Post by Cap »

I understand the testing team have found a few bugs that need to be dealt with.
Hank

Post by Hank »

Paul Norman wrote:
lewis9a wrote:any chance of a release before the end of the year if the feedback is positive?
*IF* the testers came back today saying its perfect I could release it tomorrow... However, I really doubt thats what will happen... Until I get feedback I will not know how much I need to adjust.
Paul, I selflessly offer my services to test the new career mode. ;)
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

without meaning to sound like a child on a long journey....are we nearly there yet? :D
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

It looks so close but feels so far away…can’t wait to play it!
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Are you able to pick the venue in which your fights take place?
Cap

Post by Cap »

Gee. I hope so. You always have before.

One small thing, watched the video, can't make out the bars on the right hand side of the fight screen. In most fights you have a red corner and a blue corner. Why not use bright red (on black) and sky blue (on black) instead? I'm partially colour blind you see. Also seems like the text box, which I read during major fights, has gotten smaller. I thought a lot of the visual aspects of TB2013 were excellent. Just one or two exceptions. Did you have input from any older boxing fans at all?
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

with there being no boxing on tv at the moment im thinking about this game alot! i need something for my boxing craving :D
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

with it being hopefully in the final stages before it comes out and now you have had all the feedback are you any clearer to to having an idea of time? do you think it will be minutes/hours/days/weeks/months/years until it comes out? do you think you could have a educated guess? :?: :?: :?: :geek:
Cap

Post by Cap »

The last thing Paul wants is a repeat of the TB2013 disaster. He and the testers are hunting down and squishing bugs whenever they turn up. So I don't expect anything being rushed out when they seem to be close to putting out a stable product. I've waited years so a few weeks or even months is no big deal. Many of us still have 2.5 so we aren't totally without our boxing sim fix.
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

i guess i am just being impatient because this will be the first title bout i will have because of the addition of career mode so i have nothing to play while i am waiting and just wanted some sort ruff guess at time scale to give me something to look forward to because it feels quite close from the videos
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

can you chose/negotiate how many rounds a fight is in career mode is? like say if you have a contender that loses can you bring them back in a 4 rounder? and also you have probably answered this already but are there domestic titles in the game?
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Cap wrote:Gee. I hope so. You always have before.

One small thing, watched the video, can't make out the bars on the right hand side of the fight screen. In most fights you have a red corner and a blue corner. Why not use bright red (on black) and sky blue (on black) instead? I'm partially colour blind you see. Also seems like the text box, which I read during major fights, has gotten smaller. I thought a lot of the visual aspects of TB2013 were excellent. Just one or two exceptions. Did you have input from any older boxing fans at all?
Once the game it out you will be able to see the screen much clearer. If you feel any of the pages are too difficult to read let me know.

**IF** I have enough time I could create an enhanced readability skin with your help. We can talk about how and what needs changing after release... ok cap?
Cap

Post by Cap »

I'm pretty sure enhanced readability will be appreciated by many an old goat on this forum. :lol:

Looking forward to whatever comes out. It's been a long gestation period.
Hank

Post by Hank »

Not sure if this has been asked before but will TBCB3 have online leagues?
Would be cool if it did, but not a deal breaker.
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

Another month almost gone and still no game :( ...any news?