TBCB Video

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

Paul Norman
Site Admin

TBCB Video

Post by Paul Norman »

Hi all,

My son has been helping me by play-testing my alpha builds... I am glad to say he is loving playing the game and asked me if he could post a video on his YouTube channel... So here it is... Enjoy... But please remember this is still a work in progress...

https://youtu.be/ftN01ojwdRs?list=PLUst ... fQH_EW8q2p

(Maybe now the doubters will see this game is going to be released, even if there are a few "cough" delays ;) lol )
lewis9a

Re: TBCB Video

Post by lewis9a »

I hope it is out in the next couple months…but do you think it will atleast be out by the end of the year? PS I'm jealous of your son I want to play it lol
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

I am working hard on the game and want to see it out before Christmas... but as a solo developer I won't make any firm commitments..... What people need to understand is TB does not make a profit... each release so far has lost me money... I do TB as I love the game... This has two major issues:

1) it must fit around my profit making activities....
2) Coz I love it, I will continue to develop it as long as I can... so the chances of it being canned are low...
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

couple of questions...when you start will fighters have already been fighting? i noticed that all fighters had a record of 0 - 0 - 0 i no that might be because it is not the final version. also in historical fighters if you just want to start with fighters that are active now can you start in 2017?
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

lewis9a wrote:couple of questions...when you start will fighters have already been fighting? i noticed that all fighters had a record of 0 - 0 - 0 i no that might be because it is not the final version. also in historical fighters if you just want to start with fighters that are active now can you start in 2017?
All fighters will be scheduled to fight, some will have fought and some will still be waiting. In the video the fighters were sorted by price, so prime fighters that are most active were lower down. If I make the game pre-play more fighs to insure most fighters have already fought, starting a new game would take ages!

Don't be confused by the "not ranked" when picking an opponent, as fighters need to fight a number of times before they are ranked. This can take even longer if I were to pre-play all these fights.

The game unfolds as it progresses....
Cap

Post by Cap »

I intend to invest in a license or two even if I don't use the career option. I just hope the game is stable (as bug-free as possible), the fight engine and commentary are realistic, and we can still use our current boxers. New bells and whistles always welcome. If you pick Historical and Random I'm hoping it selects random historical referees, judges, venues that actually reflect the fighters involved.
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

Hi Cap,

Believe we are working so hard to ensure the stability of the game..

Paul is working so hard to make the best tbcb game!!.

Regards!!
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

I can't wait to play it! :D
Cap

Post by Cap »

javier_83 wrote:Hi Cap,

Believe we are working so hard to ensure the stability of the game..

Paul is working so hard to make the best tbcb game!!.

Regards!!
When I mention stability, I would include the transfer of our current 2.5 AUs into the new platform, importing all fight logs and histories as well as boxers seamlessly. Hope Paul kept the things which worked well in TB2013 [simple things like being able to list boxers first name first and last name last, easily altering fonts, etc.]

If Aurelio is still doing the artwork, I would suggest he redo the opening screen to show a grittier blue collar neighbourhood boxing gym like Stillman's or Gleason's rather than the current look of a white collar squash court in the burbs. :D For inspiration, he should watch Requiem for a Heavyweight or The Harder They Fall.
Rob Morris

Post by Rob Morris »

I'm sorry, I appreciate Paul is busy and that this is a labour of love but we have heard all these kind of promises before.
Cap

Post by Cap »

I guess it is what it is. I won't lose any sleep if it never comes out. I've still got 2.5 for now. When I see the kinds of video games the kids play now, Title Bout will only ever be a niche game in the niche genre of text-based sims which probably accounts for less than 1 percent of video game sales. Even a large infusion of cash wouldn't change that.
Rob Morris

Post by Rob Morris »

I take your points Cap but there are boxing games planned on PC, on mobile platforms and on online browsers. I'm not saying they are or will be massively profitable (although I am pretty sure one of them turns a profit) but at least some developers think there is a market there.
Cap

Post by Cap »

Hi, Rob. How many years have we heard of boxing games being "planned" for various platforms? They usually turn out to be crap arcade games that get tiresome in very short order. Title Bout 2.0 and 2.5 were unique. I haven't seen anything come close to it for its scope and replay value. Sad to say. The kids are into pro wrestling and UFC. There just doesn't seem to be a huge market in North America for boxing anymore. It's become an "event" sport with only the few marquee names attracting casual fans. It seems in better shape in Europe. So potential developers there need to strike while the iron is warm...
Rob Morris

Post by Rob Morris »

Cap wrote:Hi, Rob. How many years have we heard of boxing games being "planned" for various platforms? They usually turn out to be crap arcade games that get tiresome in very short order. Title Bout 2.0 and 2.5 were unique. I haven't seen anything come close to it for its scope and replay value. Sad to say. The kids are into pro wrestling and UFC. There just doesn't seem to be a huge market in North America for boxing anymore. It's become an "event" sport with only the few marquee names attracting casual fans. It seems in better shape in Europe. So potential developers there need to strike while the iron is warm...
Yes Cap we have seen plenty of false dawns. There does seem to be more interest and more platforms than ever before in boxing games though. Unfortunately if you regard TBCB as "the daddy" of them all there is only one TBCB.
Cap

Post by Cap »

If the Alpha version is 80-90% complete then we should see the beta version in another year or so. Testing and tweaking should take another year and a half to two years at present rate, remembering that Paul is not making a dime on this project and won't make much if anything on the completed game. I figure I have a few good years left. Here's hoping 2.5 lasts me until the next thing comes out. :-D
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Coupe of questions:

1. Any fresh updates on the game

2. Will there be mandatories im the career mode side of the game?
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

Any chance of it coming out before Christmas :?
Rob Morris

Post by Rob Morris »

lewis9a wrote:Any chance of it coming out before Christmas :?
Which Christmas???
Cap

Post by Cap »

:lol: :roll: