any more updates/news?

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

lewis9a

any more updates/news?

Post by lewis9a »

any chance there is any more news about title bout 3? are we close to getting to play it yet? not heard anything in a few months hopefully thats because lots of work has been done on it :geek:
Rob Morris

Re: any more updates/news?

Post by Rob Morris »

lewis9a wrote:any chance there is any more news about title bout 3? are we close to getting to play it yet? not heard anything in a few months hopefully thats because lots of work has been done on it :geek:
No answer, as per. There are 3 other boxing manager games planned for release before the end of 2017, let's hope that one of them launches and fills the void that TBCB has well and truly missed.
Cap

Post by Cap »

Rob Morris wrote:
lewis9a wrote:any chance there is any more news about title bout 3? are we close to getting to play it yet? not heard anything in a few months hopefully thats because lots of work has been done on it :geek:
No answer, as per. There are 3 other boxing manager games planned for release before the end of 2017, let's hope that one of them launches and fills the void that TBCB has well and truly missed.
Not that any of us are in the least bit interested, Rob, but what are the other games and when will they be coming out? :D
Rob Morris

Post by Rob Morris »

Cap wrote:
Rob Morris wrote:
Not that any of us are in the least bit interested, Rob, but what are the other games and when will they be coming out? :D
I have PM'd you Cap in case anyone is too sensitive to know that there are other boxing games in existence.
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

I'd also be interested in these games if possible mate
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

Could you let me know the others aswell? I only know of 1 other
Rob Morris

Post by Rob Morris »

PM'd you both.
t27

Post by t27 »

Hey rob id be interested in knowing what they are thanks
Rob Morris

Post by Rob Morris »

t27 wrote:Hey rob id be interested in knowing what they are thanks
Done
lethal liberal

Post by lethal liberal »

Sad that TBCB seems to be on permanent haitus. I really wish they could just sell version 2.5 and just update the
database as I would pay for updates on a downloadable database with constantly updated fighters. The PC in which I had 2.5 went kaput and I only have the bad version that has constant database problems. I just wish someone would take this over and work on getting this game out.
es2796

Post by es2796 »

I also, would like to know what the upcoming games are.

Thanks
Ed
Rob Morris

Post by Rob Morris »

es2796 wrote:I also, would like to know what the upcoming games are.

Thanks
Ed
pm'd you
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

with no news in so long it kinda feels like it is not even being worked on and it is never going to come out...the last thing i saw that is was like 90% made and that was ages ago...surly it has got to be close if it has been worked on? but the lack of news makes me think its just sitting there not being worked on at the moment it never seems to be the priority to get it done :( :( :(
Rob Morris

Post by Rob Morris »

lewis9a wrote:with no news in so long it kinda feels like it is not even being worked on and it is never going to come out...the last thing i saw that is was like 90% made and that was ages ago...surly it has got to be close if it has been worked on? but the lack of news makes me think its just sitting there not being worked on at the moment it never seems to be the priority to get it done :( :( :(
Welcome to the world of TBCB. The management game has been promised, by different companies, for over a decade.

Here's a link to PISD's buy out of TBCB from more than four years ago. Can't help feeling that the trust and goodwill from then has long gone.

http://forums.operationsports.com/news/ ... june-10th/
Cap

Post by Cap »

Unfortunately, this is what happens when you have a one-man operation who has other work and family responsibilities. In hind-sight it would have furthered the project if Paul had recruited another programmer to assist him when he is unavailable to work on Title Bout. From what I understand, some monetary aid was offered for this purpose last year.

It is what it is.
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

That's true and I can understand it it's just a bit frustrating and it would be good if his communication was a bit better and he gave us more regular updates just so we know what is going on with it…but I can understand it he's probably busy with family and other work and stuff
Rob Morris

Post by Rob Morris »

Cap wrote:Unfortunately, this is what happens when you have a one-man operation who has other work and family responsibilities. In hind-sight it would have furthered the project if Paul had recruited another programmer to assist him when he is unavailable to work on Title Bout. From what I understand, some monetary aid was offered for this purpose last year.

It is what it is.

I can't knock anyone for having to provide for their family or put food on the table but I do wonder why first OOTP and then PISD get involved if they haven't got the time?

A chap named Aaron Lincoln says he contacted Paul and offered to pay for another programmer to help Paul out but for some reason the offer wasn't accepted.

The annoying part is the silence, we don't know what's going on, whether financial assistance was offered, whether Paul is looking to sell TBCB (I for one would be interested). These are hardly state secrets.

I'd like to say I'm done with all this and walk away but sad to say if a management game ever came out I would probably still buy it. Boxing games must not sell well or at least that is the preception, there isn't a boxing mager game of note released (yet) either on mobile or PC and there hasn't been a Fight Night for 6 years.
Hank

Post by Hank »

Rob, I'd also be interested to know which games.
Thanks!

P.S. Still looking forward to TBCB!
Cap

Post by Cap »

A golden opportunity for European sales was certainly missed during the title reign of Wladimir Klitschko. There may be another opportunity for British sales with Anthony Joshua in the public eye. Unfortunately, a big chunk of potential hard-core buyers is aging, leaving younger, less enthusiastic buyers to market this game or any other to. It's too bad if TB 3.0 never comes out. Title Bout 2013 had a ton of potential and looked to be a nice upgrade of 2.5 thanks to a lot of hard work by Paul Norman. Pressure on Paul to produce something before it was ready resulted in a problem-plagued piece of software though.

I imagine OOTP has Paul working on their baseball sim for 2018 now. So TB 3.0 must wait unless someone comes up with really big bucks to allow Paul to devote his full attention to it......On my way to buy a couple more lottery tickets.
Rob Morris

Post by Rob Morris »

Cap wrote:A golden opportunity for European sales was certainly missed during the title reign of Wladimir Klitschko. There may be another opportunity for British sales with Anthony Joshua in the public eye. Unfortunately, a big chunk of potential hard-core buyers is aging, leaving younger, less enthusiastic buyers to market this game or any other to. It's too bad if TB 3.0 never comes out. Title Bout 2013 had a ton of potential and looked to be a nice upgrade of 2.5 thanks to a lot of hard work by Paul Norman. Pressure on Paul to produce something before it was ready resulted in a problem-plagued piece of software though.

I imagine OOTP has Paul working on their baseball sim for 2018 now. So TB 3.0 must wait unless someone comes up with really big bucks to allow Paul to devote his full attention to it......On my way to buy a couple more lottery tickets.
I think boxing is popular in Europe (and other parts of the world) even without Klitschko. I just feel the opprtunity (if there was one) to turn this game into a profitable franchise has been missed. Not blaming any one person here, just my opinion. There is no buzz about TBCB any more, these and the OOTP boards are not very busy at all, the social feeds are virtually dead because there is nothing to comment on.

You are right Cap, the game needed full time attention, its never had it, its always played second fiddle to something else. Probably too late but something diffrent is needed, a new owner with the time and money to devote to this game maybe but like you say we are waiting for a lottery win.
toshev88bg

Post by toshev88bg »

Can i get the list of games? I sent few emails but still not respond. I dont think its a big issue if u type them here.

Everyone is starving for a boxing game and to be fair when Title bout is released it will probably be the best one by far

I know only one game its the one on steam World championship boxing manager. It has potential but its nothing special