A brief update...

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

Paul Norman
Site Admin

A brief update...

Post by Paul Norman »

Hi all, its been a while so I thought I would give you and update.

For those that might not have heard TB2015 has been renamed TB3 as the year suffix was causing confusion with the delays. While on the matter of delays, TB2015 was expected around November/December 2015 which means I am about a year out presently.

The game simulation mode has been in testing for about a year, and apart from a few Auto-scheduler issues Javier83 is helping me with it seems to be playing well. Simulation mode is the way TB2013 current plays, allowing the simulation of any fight.

The career mode, where one takes on the role of a boxing manager and runs his own stable by signing fighters and cutman is feature complete. This means I now have all the main game play modules in the game. There are however a number of improvements still needed to link modules together or add more controls and logic in key places. It is my intention to release a alpha build of the career mode to the testers very soon.

The big question you all want to ask is "When will it be released?", to which I must say I am unsure. I need to discuss the career mode with the testers so I can work out what bits work, which bits don't work and how much tuning is required. Until I have had this chat I am not able to quantify the amount of work left... However I will say, my son has an early version of the game and is enjoying playing it, so I appear to be on the right track! lol
javier_83

Re: A brief update...

Post by javier_83 »

Cant wait to have the final version on my hands!!
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Hi Paul

Thanks for the update.

If the simulation mode has been in testing for a year and the career mode about to go into testing, is it possible that the testing for that may take up to a further year? I am someone who has no idea about how long these things take as I've never been involved.

Would be great to get a couple more career mode screenshots in the future too
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

HarveyChamp1 wrote: If the simulation mode has been in testing for a year and the career mode about to go into testing, is it possible that the testing for that may take up to a further year?
Oh no, don't worry... The simulation mode has been in testing that long because I have been working on the career mode in that time. The hope is that the simulation mode will be almost bug free at release time as a result. The career game should not need that long, as the database and core infrastructure are the same as the simulation game and therefore already tested. For example, playing a fight is the same code so that is tested ;)
HarveyChamp1 wrote: Would be great to get a couple more career mode screenshots in the future too
I am looking to post something soon... I will post here when I have them...
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Paul Norman wrote:
HarveyChamp1 wrote: If the simulation mode has been in testing for a year and the career mode about to go into testing, is it possible that the testing for that may take up to a further year?
Oh no, don't worry... The simulation mode has been in testing that long because I have been working on the career mode in that time. The hope is that the simulation mode will be almost bug free at release time as a result. The career game should not need that long, as the database and core infrastructure are the same as the simulation game and therefore already tested. For example, playing a fight is the same code so that is tested ;)
HarveyChamp1 wrote: Would be great to get a couple more career mode screenshots in the future too
I am looking to post something soon... I will post here when I have them...

Ah that makes sense, thanks Paul!
Cap

Post by Cap »

I believe the key word for this project is "Stability". The game must be stable or made so quickly. No one wants a repeat of TB2013. The new aspects will be fine, but will be undone if the game crashes.

We wish you the best of luck, Paul. Perhaps in the future you will have some assistance so as to relieve some of the tremendous stress you've been under. Slainte!
Rob Morris

Post by Rob Morris »

Is there a latest update?
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Not heard an update for a long time mate which makes me feel the plug might have been pulled on this project. Unfortunately the resources don't seem to be there to make this game in any sort of near future
Rob Morris

Post by Rob Morris »

The fact that I never got a reply to my question of 21/02/2017 speaks volumes.
lethal liberal

Post by lethal liberal »

Well, not looking like much is being done adn I feel that HarveyChamp1 may be correct, looks like the plug has been pulled. Well, I wish we could just be able to buy 2.5 and then maybe someone like IceTea or the other guys that do great ratings, could charge for their database and keeping up current ratings. I would surely buy the ratings at least twice per year to stay current. Story mode, career mode or whatever was never important to me as I love simulating, tourneys etc. I feel most of us play this game have great imaginations and that is what is needed when playing these sims. I just wish they would scrap the career mode or at least fix the sim mode, get updated fighters and put the sim out on the market, a career mode can always be added later. Looks like this is dead in the water. Shame, really looked forward to this! I would gladly donate a few bucks to help this project get going and feel that quite a few of us longtime TB players would do the same.
Cap

Post by Cap »

lethal liberal wrote:Well, not looking like much is being done adn I feel that HarveyChamp1 may be correct, looks like the plug has been pulled. Well, I wish we could just be able to buy 2.5 and then maybe someone like IceTea or the other guys that do great ratings, could charge for their database and keeping up current ratings. I would surely buy the ratings at least twice per year to stay current. Story mode, career mode or whatever was never important to me as I love simulating, tourneys etc. I feel most of us play this game have great imaginations and that is what is needed when playing these sims. I just wish they would scrap the career mode or at least fix the sim mode, get updated fighters and put the sim out on the market, a career mode can always be added later. Looks like this is dead in the water. Shame, really looked forward to this! I would gladly donate a few bucks to help this project get going and feel that quite a few of us longtime TB players would do the same.
Unfortunately, TB 2.5 now seems to no longer belong to Andreas Raht. I believe the current programmer of Title Bout also owns TB 2.5 so there won't be a revival of that title. So the only alternative to a future version of Title Bout would be if a players syndicate formed with another programming team and created a brand new boxing sim. That would mean all of us starting from scratch, creating and adding hundreds and thousands of boxers to a game.

Cap