Recent Buyer of TBCB 2013

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

OldFatGuy

Recent Buyer of TBCB 2013

Post by OldFatGuy »

I just recently bought TBCB 2013 (FWIW, I originally played the board game back in the 1980's for about a gazillion hours) and am a previous owner of TBCB 2.0 and 2.5.

I saw some mention of a new version (TBCB 2015). :shock: , well, it's almost 2017 sooooo.... I was just posting to ask if this is totally dead or just delayed... albeit a pretty serious delay :) .

I'm cool either way, obviously. I for some reason never really liked TBCB 2.0 and 2.5 as much as I did playing the board game (and in fact I still play the board game) but this new version got my juices flowing almost as good as the board game and I think it was simply because of the "Next Commentary" button. It seemed much more like the card flipping experience and tracking the points and I dunno, I started to have FUN again with it, something I was never really able to do with 2.0 or 2.5. Thus my interest into whether it's dead or if in fact a newer updated game may arrive someday.

Thanks for any info.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Recent Buyer of TBCB 2013

Post by Paul Norman »

Development is still continuing... Yes it is delayed but not as bad as it initially seems. TB2013 was released towards the end of the year, likewise TB2015 was intended to be a nov/dev 2015 release. So the game is presently about a year behind the planned release date. In order to prevent these year related confusions TB2015 has been renamed to TB3 and is in testing. I am hoping to get the career mode of the game into testing soon. Doing this will allow me to talk to the testing team to decide how much more work should be undertaken before release. Then I will be able to project a realistic release date.

I hope this helps clarify things....
scottie b

Post by scottie b »

any developments...anything?
hey guys.. i have a new mac laptop w the latest OS..i can't use the great game i love anymore..keeps going to an error after 2 secs....have i used the licenses, is it a compatibility issue, no update...? HELP!!!! thank u
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

scottie b wrote:any developments...anything?
hey guys.. i have a new mac laptop w the latest OS..i can't use the great game i love anymore..keeps going to an error after 2 secs....have i used the licenses, is it a compatibility issue, no update...? HELP!!!! thank u
I have just replied to both the emails you sent on the subject. Please check them out.
lethal liberal

Post by lethal liberal »

Hey Paul, longtime fan of Title Bout since I played the board game in the late 70's. I have purchased every version of the game, looking forward to the new version. The 2013 had a ton of potential but I could never get the database to update without erasing some fighters, mixing up names etc. which made the game quite rough as far as universe goes. I still love the game and applaud you for taking over a labor of love in which you no doubt will hear tons of complaints and this is a small but very dedicated fan base. I just wonder do you have a timetable for the next version or is it pretty much on hold for the foreseeable future? Thank you. I sure do appreciate the fact that you always try to answer the questions no matter how repetitive or silly they may become. Take care Paul and good luck with the game, we do appreciate the fact we have someone trying to keep our game alive!
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

lethal liberal wrote:I just wonder do you have a timetable for the next version or is it pretty much on hold for the foreseeable future?
As you know I don't do hard deadlines for TB as I am a single developer with far too much work and responsibility on my shoulders. I am sure you guys will have noticed OOTP18 in just about to be released and iOOTP is hot on its heals. I am still making progress and wanted to have the game released before now. I have found and fixed the "moving fighters" bug you mention and I have all the basic elements for the career mode working. I am filling gaps and fixing bugs and once I have balanced the gameplay I will be able to plan the release.
Rob Morris

Post by Rob Morris »

Paul Norman wrote:
lethal liberal wrote:I just wonder do you have a timetable for the next version or is it pretty much on hold for the foreseeable future?
As you know I don't do hard deadlines for TB as I am a single developer with far too much work and responsibility on my shoulders. I am sure you guys will have noticed OOTP18 in just about to be released and iOOTP is hot on its heals. I am still making progress and wanted to have the game released before now. I have found and fixed the "moving fighters" bug you mention and I have all the basic elements for the career mode working. I am filling gaps and fixing bugs and once I have balanced the gameplay I will be able to plan the release.
So in other words, the same as every other year. Most of us will be dead or in a care home if this ever comes out. I am absolutely done with this, a lost sale, I wonder how many more there are who feel similar to me?
Cap

Post by Cap »

Sadly an important opportunity is being squandered. Boxing is unusually hot right now in Europe and that other country with a queen. A boxing sim should sell with reasonable numbers right now. That probably won't be the case in another couple of years. It's unfortunate that Title Bout never seems to attract a small team of developers who can actually focus on producing a stable piece of software. You can't blame one guy saddled with business and personal problems for being unable to work full-time on a game that likely won't sell more than a few dozen units at best in 2019. We had a good run. Looks like we'll have to resort to card and dice boxing pretty soon.