Boxing Factor

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

Paul Norman
Site Admin

Boxing Factor

Post by Paul Norman »

I was trying to work out why my regen code nearly always created US boxers. Turns out its due to the boxing factor for each nation. Here are the top 3 sorted by male boxing factor:

US Male BF 22,900 Female BF 3,460
England Male BF 3,380 Female BF 50
Mexico Male BF 3,300 Female BF 230

I find it hard to believe the Boxing in the US is nearly 7x more popular than UK and Mexico.. With female boxing in US 70x more popular than UK... Boxing, especially female boxing have become more popular here since the 2012 and 2016 Olympics as we are doing well.

So my question is, what Boxing Factors do we collectively feel are more representative of the current global situation?
Lee

Re: Boxing Factor

Post by Lee »

I would say cut US to 12,600 male and 2,160 female, boosting female to 375 England and 390 Mexico. This based on very loose data sampling of cards and the countries they were held in last month. The main thing is it still comes down to population size.
zyberianwarrior

Post by zyberianwarrior »

good idea Lee but don't forget about the Germans or Russians they really ADORE boxing (as does the UK way much more so than here in the US)
Cap

Post by Cap »

The total population of all European countries in 2011 was over 740 million. The US population is currently somewhere in the vicinity of 330 million, even if you include all those in prison.