Career Screenshots

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

Paul Norman
Site Admin

Career Screenshots

Post by Paul Norman »

Well, its the end of the financial year and I am still weighed down with OOTP related issues, but I would like to give you guys a sign that things are progressing. So I have uploaded some screenshots of the new Career mode in TB3. These are not mockups or touched up in an art package, they are taken from playing the game.

Title Bout 3 Career Mode Screenshots

I hope you like the direction the game is going....
javier_83

Re: Career Screenshots

Post by javier_83 »

i can't wait to see the final version!!
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Thanks for the updates Paul.....would be interested to see how it works regarding acquiring fighter......costs, contracts, rival managers etc
Orumo

Post by Orumo »

Thanks Paul, first of all thank you very much for the development of the long awaited career mode, the screenshots are very promising.

My main concern is if it would be possible to define the starting year of a game, so you can start, for example, in 1950 with historical boxers, and then there will be a mix of historical and fictional boxers starting their careers acording with the actual data.

For me, this would be the most important feature of this mode.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Orumo wrote:Thanks Paul, first of all thank you very much for the development of the long awaited career mode, the screenshots are very promising.

My main concern is if it would be possible to define the starting year of a game, so you can start, for example, in 1950 with historical boxers, and then there will be a mix of historical and fictional boxers starting their careers acording with the actual data.

For me, this would be the most important feature of this mode.
Yes, thats what the historical mode does, I just using fictional fighters in testing as its quicker to start a game ;)
WYSmooth

Post by WYSmooth »

The pictures are amazing and I've been waiting for this feature for awhile. But, how deep does it go?

Will there be pre-fight drama and trash talk? Difference between PPV and non PPV cards be shown? Popularity in differing countries? Charisma and marketability ratings?

I definitely hope the features are extremely detailed.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

The detail will improve as time goes on. I can't get everything done in one go.. Layers on layers.. ;)
Cap

Post by Cap »

Paul, I realize that with minimal profits available you are unwilling to share what there might be with an assistant programmer, but we are all hoping that financial aid from our friend Azza, should it be real, would lessen your personal and business-related burdens and speed up the release of Title Bout Championship Boxing: Road to Glory.

All the best.

Cap
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

Cap, do you wan to learn how to code jejeje :)
Cap

Post by Cap »

javier_83 wrote:Cap, do you wan to learn how to code jejeje :)
Too late for me, Jefe. I would have to first empty my brain to make room for new stuff. :lol:

Cap
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

jejeje too bad my friend :p
WYSmooth

Post by WYSmooth »

javier_83 wrote:Cap, do you wan to learn how to code jejeje :)
I'm actually in the process of learning how to code, it's definitely a tall task. But, it's kind of fun.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Orumo wrote: My main concern is if it would be possible to define the starting year of a game, so you can start, for example, in 1950 with historical boxers, and then there will be a mix of historical and fictional boxers starting their careers acording with the actual data.
Yes, this is the "historical" setting when creating a new career game. It will model real fighter careers as closely as it can using the rating records in the database. Of course it will not be perfect as the game will take its own path, for example, a fighter could suffer a career ending injury. So the fighters will debut on the right day but then the game AI takes over. ;)
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

any idea of a potential release date for this yet? i need it in my life! :D :D :D
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

As soon as I can, but I need to get it playing well first I really don;t want to release a game with serious gameplay issues.
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

Paul Norman wrote:As soon as I can, but I need to get it playing well first I really don;t want to release a game with serious gameplay issues.
that sounds like you feel that you still have alot of work to do on it?
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

Well I will be impaciently waiting and hoping it comes out soon. So I hope your working hard on it ;) :)
Hank

Post by Hank »

Paul, this looks fantastic! Really excited for TBCB3!

If I may ask a question, will fighters have static attributes? I'm really hoping so.
I'm tired of console boxing games where everyone starts off as 50's across the board and then slowly increases to 80's, 90's, etc.
Foreman had crazy power from the get go, just like Ali had great handspeed and chin.

I think it makes for a much more realistic game if you have to work with, and steer fighters through the rankings focusing on their strengths and avoiding fighters who will exploit their weaknesses.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

> If I may ask a question, will fighters have static attributes?
I am using the existing aging code. It takes known rating records and projects them for the unknown career stages. This gives a more realistic model of the fighters ability and the prime will be accurate with the fighters rating.

I also make sure there are fighters of all career stages available so you can manage a new youngster or someone at the end of their career as well as prime fighters.
Hank

Post by Hank »

Paul Norman wrote:> If I may ask a question, will fighters have static attributes?
I am using the existing aging code. It takes known rating records and projects them for the unknown career stages. This gives a more realistic model of the fighters ability and the prime will be accurate with the fighters rating.

I also make sure there are fighters of all career stages available so you can manage a new youngster or someone at the end of their career as well as prime fighters.
That sounds great!
I guess my main concern was that fighters in the early stages would be unrealistically rated.
The current code is great in that there's room for them to improve, but I don't believe a fighter will go from no power, to crazy power in his prime.

Thanks Paul!

Again, extremely geeked about the release of ver 3.