Fury stripped of IBF title

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

pilight

Fury stripped of IBF title

Post by pilight »

http://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/35047606
Lindsey Tucker, championships chairman at the IBF, told BBC Sport: "It's true he's been stripped of his IBF belt."

He added: "Our challenger was Vyacheslav Glazkov, but instead Fury's gone and signed a rematch clause with Wladimir Klitschko."
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Fury stripped of IBF title

Post by Paul Norman »

I just saw this on the News... If I understand it correctly, Klitcho had a re-match clause but the IBF title had a Vyacheslav Glazkov next fight clause. If thats right there was no way he could honour both, so does that mean its a cock up by his manager agreeing to both conflicting contractual clauses? Does this leave the belt as unheld and if so who will be valid to challenge for it?

It all smells a bit IMHO, esp if you factor in the constant misrepresentation of his recent quotes...
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Paul Norman wrote:I just saw this on the News... If I understand it correctly, Klitcho had a re-match clause but the IBF title had a Vyacheslav Glazkov next fight clause. If thats right there was no way he could honour both, so does that mean its a cock up by his manager agreeing to both conflicting contractual clauses? Does this leave the belt as unheld and if so who will be valid to challenge for it?

It all smells a bit IMHO, esp if you factor in the constant misrepresentation of his recent quotes...
I believe it's now vacant. Glazkov and Charles Martin will contest the vacant title
Cap

Post by Cap »

HarveyChamp1 wrote:
Paul Norman wrote:I just saw this on the News... If I understand it correctly, Klitcho had a re-match clause but the IBF title had a Vyacheslav Glazkov next fight clause. If thats right there was no way he could honour both, so does that mean its a cock up by his manager agreeing to both conflicting contractual clauses? Does this leave the belt as unheld and if so who will be valid to challenge for it?

I believe it's now vacant. Glazkov and Charles Martin will contest the vacant title
and the winner will have as much claim to the world heavyweight championship as I do.
Chillidog

Post by Chillidog »

HarveyChamp1 wrote:

which Charles Martin won this bout in January, but subsequently lost the title belt in a fight with Anthony Joshua in April
so now
Anthony Joshua is the IBF Heavyweight Title holder
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

Yes, and he is ready to defend his IBF HW title against Dominic Breazeale in London!!
Cap

Post by Cap »

javier_83 wrote:Yes, and he is ready to defend his IBF HW title against Dominic Breazeale in London!!
Unless he neglects to pay the sanction fee or gets a bad result in a drug test or decides to fight someone without the IBF's permission.
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

jajajaja i saw the information from boxrec!!