Future Database Updates

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

Paul Norman
Site Admin

Future Database Updates

Post by Paul Norman »

In order to make the necessary changes to the game database needed by TB2015, the online update system has been updated. The changes have been in test for a couple of months and we feel they are stable enough to be used. All future fighter updates will be use this new setup. This means in order to continue getting fighter updates you will need to make a setting change in your game.

TB2013

* Open options dialog
* Go to 'Online Data' tab
* Change 'Online database server' to 'tbdata.titleboutboxing.com'
* Close the dialog and restart the game

You will now sync from the updated system when you select the "Update" button.

TB2.5

This is a little more tricky as you need to edit a config file manually.

* Make sure you close the game.
* Open 'Windows Explorer' and to go 'c:/users/paul/Application Data/Out of the Park Developments/Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5'
* Open 'config.ini' in notepad
* Locate the line '[Web Options]' near the bottom of the file
* Just under that line change the 'Domain' line to be 'Domain=tbdata.titleboutboxing.com'
* Save the file

Start the game again and do an update which will use the updated system

If you have any trouble please post below...
Hanson Bros

Re: Future Database Updates

Post by Hanson Bros »

with 2.5 I can't find the config.ini plus the whole windows explorer and go to c:/users/paul/Application Data/Out of the Park Developments/Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 is confusing ... do you mean open the explorer browser? but that address is no good ...
Hanson Bros

Post by Hanson Bros »

nevermind found it
LaStarza61

Post by LaStarza61 »

Hanson Bros wrote:with 2.5 I can't find the config.ini plus the whole windows explorer and go to c:/users/paul/Application Data/Out of the Park Developments/Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 is confusing ... do you mean open the explorer browser? but that address is no good ...
Could you please go ahead and answer this question so that I know the answer too?

Thanks,
Mark
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

LaStarza61 wrote:
Hanson Bros wrote:with 2.5 I can't find the config.ini plus the whole windows explorer and go to c:/users/paul/Application Data/Out of the Park Developments/Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 is confusing ... do you mean open the explorer browser? but that address is no good ...
Could you please go ahead and answer this question so that I know the answer too?

Thanks,
Mark
I am not a windows expert and it might differ between versions. Try something like this:

* open "My Computer" on you desktop
* FInd the icon for your C drive and click on it
* Cick on "users" icon
* Cick on your name icon
* Cick on "Application Data" icon
* Cick on "Out of the Park Developments" icon
* Cick on "Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5" icon
* double click on "config.ini", with any luck this will now open in notepad so you can make the change mentioned above.
Hanson Bros

Post by Hanson Bros »

is there a link to a site where we can see the fighters on line like we were able to before?
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Boxrec? or you can see them in the game on the fighters table...
LaStarza61

Post by LaStarza61 »

Paul Norman wrote:Boxrec? or you can see them in the game on the fighters table...
I'm pretty sure that Mike is referring to a site like the "Fighterlist" page here:

http://tbdata.ootpdevelopments.com/changelist.php

That was always a very handy place to go to see who was being updated or added or even to track the change history of a particular fighter. Is there a new site we can go to now?

Thanks,
Mark
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Oh, I did not know that, I will add something similar and let you know...
scobear

Post by scobear »

Paul
I've found the change list and the fighter list to be indispensable tools for maintaining universes.
I keep a database or universe just for update purposes.
I would update on a weekly basis and note the last changed file
I would check the previous note where I left off at my last update and check all of the recent updates, save new fighters and those with rating changes into my exchange folder and then upload them into different games or universes
It would take a couple of hours a week but I was able to maintain everything in an orderly fashion

The lists allow everyone to check current fighter stats and and updates. They make playing and maintaining thins a lot easier.

bear
LaStarza61

Post by LaStarza61 »

Paul Norman wrote:
LaStarza61 wrote:

Thanks,
Mark
I am not a windows expert and it might differ between versions. Try something like this:

* open "My Computer" on you desktop
* FInd the icon for your C drive and click on it
* Cick on "users" icon
* Cick on your name icon
* Cick on "Application Data" icon
* Cick on "Out of the Park Developments" icon
* Cick on "Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5" icon
* double click on "config.ini", with any luck this will now open in notepad so you can make the change mentioned above.
I'm not able to find this "config.ini" file... and am getting very frustrated. I am using Windows 10, if that helps. In the steps you list above there is no "Application Data" icon or file that I can find on my computer. Please tell me step by step how to get this done. I've had this game since the beginning and I'm not ready to stop playing it!

Thanks
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Could someone with Windows10 please help here...
Hanson Bros

Post by Hanson Bros »

you have do a search for it ... only way I found it
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

LaStarza61 wrote:
Paul Norman wrote:Boxrec? or you can see them in the game on the fighters table...
I'm pretty sure that Mike is referring to a site like the "Fighterlist" page here:

http://tbdata.ootpdevelopments.com/changelist.php

That was always a very handy place to go to see who was being updated or added or even to track the change history of a particular fighter. Is there a new site we can go to now?

Thanks,
Mark
How's this?

http://www.titleboutboxing.com/cgi-bin/tbdata

NOTE: it does work slightly differently because the database structure is different. Also there have not been any changes since I put the system in place so it might take a while to be of any real use..
scobear

Post by scobear »

Thanks, Paul
Having it in place will be a boon.
Cap

Post by Cap »

Hey, Paul. Good thing boxing doesn't have seasons, eh. Who needs the added pressure that would bring, with updated rosters and stuff! :D
popimorenito

Post by popimorenito »

Floyd Mayweather has been retired now since September. I've hesitated to change his ratings to the latest JMW ratings on the Changelist because I'm curious to see if the game will update during my weekly database updates. So far it hasn't. Is there a reason that Floyd hasn't been moved to the inactive/retired list of fighters? It's not a big deal since it is something that I can do manually. However, I am wondering if there are other fighters who have their ratings updated on the Changelist that I'm unaware of that don't make it into the game.
Hanson Bros

Post by Hanson Bros »

really sucks we can no longer update the database for 2.5
Cap

Post by Cap »

I kind of expected something like that would eventually happen. Just fingers crossed the game itself doesn't start to crap out too. We might have to start following curling. ;) :)
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Hanson Bros wrote:really sucks we can no longer update the database for 2.5
I am afraid my hands are tied here... I don't have the build tools or even the right version of the source code to rebuild it. I have tried my best to backwardly support it, however the TB3 database system is quite different in the way it works and should be a lot faster. It allows deleting of records and supports more table types. A lot of work has gone into improving the database for the future, the problem is that 2.5 support has proved very difficult.

I need to move the game forward and improve it where I can.