Seeking Title Fight Pro Boxing

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

eXo

Seeking Title Fight Pro Boxing

Post by eXo »

I understand that before Title Bout Championship Boxing there was a release, circa 1996, called Title Fight Pro Boxing. As I understand it, this was a Win16 (Windows 3.x) release.

There is very little info about this particular version available, however I have spent the last few years attempting to identify and archive every PC (DOS & Windows 3.x) game from this era.

While I know it's a long shot, I was hoping that someone here may still have a copy and be willing to sell it or know where I might obtain one.

I believe I read that the original developers sold the game to OOTP sometime after 2000, so if I draw a blank here I may try and find the original developers and see if they still have a copy laying around somewhere.

Any assistance, information, or leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Seeking Title Fight Pro Boxing

Post by Paul Norman »

Sorry I am not able to help here. Check out the history page on the titlebout webpage as it might give you a hint/clue..

http://www.titleboutboxing.com/cgi-bin/ ... me_history
bstar

Post by bstar »

I know this is an old thread, but I owned this game. I had the version that had Vladimir Klitschko on the cover (circa 2001), it was way before OOTP came into the picture.

I actually talked to one of the Trunzos way back about possibly doing some better UI graphics for the game. The one brother (can't remember who it was) seemed quite excited by my offer, but it never materialized. They really needed a better programmer to rebuild the game- that particular version was pretty awful, but amazingly very similar mechanics made it into the TBCB version. I was told the original version of the game was done by a graduate student and was basically abandonware after he graduated. Unfortunately I was not a programmer back then and could not help on that front.

Regardless, Paul, if you are reading this I will go through some of my storage boxes if you still want the game. I'm quite certain I never threw it out, but I have not seen it in ages. Its not something I would have thrown out so I believe I still have it.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

bstar wrote: Regardless, Paul, if you are reading this I will go through some of my storage boxes if you still want the game. I'm quite certain I never threw it out, but I have not seen it in ages. Its not something I would have thrown out so I believe I still have it.
I would love to see old versions of the game. Maybe I can do something with them...