New Milestone?

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

Cap

New Milestone?

Post by Cap »

Has it been almost eight years since this forum opened? Almost eight years since the new workable version of Title Bout was supposed to be on the market...Eight years.

OOTP has a new version every year.

We can't expect OOTP-like production from a one-man show but surely there'd be something for pre-release testing after five or six years. Maybe too much was expected in the new version. Too many bells and whistles. Too many new options. Too many last minute add-ons.

Maybe we'll see something in another eight years.....
lewis9a

Re: New Milestone?

Post by lewis9a »

I’ll be optimistic we get something new this year for 1 or 2 more months before I give up hope again
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

From what I've saw online there are several promising boxing sims in development which will probably overtake TB. The main asset of this game is you guys, the community. Lets be honest you haven't been treated well....it's not hard to message once a month to say where things are up to (even if it's to say nothing has been done but I have an idea for this etc).

Once the community leave over the coming months for these new games then it will just be folded up I'm sure.
Cap

Post by Cap »

When TB2013 came out it held a degree of promise. It looked good and had a few advances over TB 2.5 but it looked like it needed a few tweaks. Then came reports of crashes and weird things showing up. Many of us switched back to TB 2.5 with promises from Paul Norman of a new improved version, a TB 3.0 that would have a career mode to attract new gamers. So far, that appears to be stalled indefinitely. I hear you'd need at least two or three guys making five figures each or more to complete a decent game.

We don't even know if Paul is still tinkering with it once a month, or if he's abandoned it entirely. Maybe he has other serious problems to attend to or has been abducted by aliens. Who knows? It would be nice if he dropped into his own forum once a year so we know he's still breathing. I know he's not an employee of OOTP. He's strictly free lance where their game is concerned.

I'm okay using TB 2.5 now. I even bought a second copy when my backup machine died on me the other day. That's probably lost revenue for PISD Games.
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

Paul? U alive? Any progression with the game? Any chance of us getting to play it this year? Or will it just another year with nothing?