Same ol Same ol

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

johnnywayne

Same ol Same ol

Post by johnnywayne »

This game will NEVER have a career mode, it is as simple as that.

I could go on and on how BORING the game is without a career mode, but by all means waist your money and buy this game (not really a game, more like a very boring simulator of epic boring dimensions).

The game is so boring I went to play it and my computer put itself in sleep mode to save itself from having to load this game.

This game could come with a warning "May cause sleepiness", "DO NOT attempt to play this while trying to have fun"

Yes that BORING!!!
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Same ol Same ol

Post by Paul Norman »

I am sorry you find it boring, but not everyone is going to like the same things. There are a number of poeple on this forum that do enjoy the "what if" replay approach. I have made a point of stating its a simulation in the discription as I don't like the idea of people feeling mislead, it is what it is.

When I first saw this game I did not get it, but having played it a while I came to love it which is why I bought the rights and continued to devlep it. This game has increased my knowedge and love for the sport, which alone has made this a great project for me personally.
This game will NEVER have a career mode, it is as simple as that.
I am happy to say you are quite wrong here. It has always been the plan to create a career mode once this verson was released. I have already designed the main componants of the management game and I am in the process of implimenting them. The next vesion, TB2015, will allow you to take on the roll of a boxing manager and progress your stable of fighters through thier careers. Exactly what you feel is missing, so please check it out when its released. Having worked on Champtionship Manager (Edios) renamed Football Manager (SEGA) I feel I have a good understanding of how to convert this simulation into a management game.

Watch this space.... its on its way ;)
Hanson Bros

Post by Hanson Bros »

"Waist" ... says everything I need to know about the poster
johnnywayne

Post by johnnywayne »

Paul..thnx for a reply, but honestly not going to hold my breathe on a career mode, but if it does my opinion might change, but goodluck with that, I will check back from time to time.

OOh and yes I was pissed when I bought the game off of Gamersgate and it had no career mode but just...well just...blaaaaaahhh. Not my idea of fun, sorry but that is 100% true, and I am a Manager game fanatic so don't think i like button basher games I DESPISE them more then...well more then this game..LOL.

Hanson Brothers (already to comical and too easy) trust me you wont win a troll a thon with me, so to save the message board a comical beat down of you, your best bet is to move on. **OOh Snap**, or should I say **Mmm Bop**

*Pfft Hanson Brothers...BAHAHAAHA what Milli Vanilli already taken?
Hanson Bros

Post by Hanson Bros »

so my beat down includes 90's references ... OMG I am so burned ...

sort of figures Hanson Brothers sends your mind towards little boys ... but I imagine it doesn't take much to send your mind towards little boys ....
johnnywayne

Post by johnnywayne »

UUh yeah ok....soooo does AC/DC make you think of music, or does it make you think of little boys?

I mean that was just creepy, and not funny at all, just honestly VERRRRYYY CREEEEPPPYYY.

Any other creepy stuff you want to reference?
RANGER11JP

Post by RANGER11JP »

Hey johnnywayne,

Evidently you bear none of the qualities which the coincidental reference to the great actor and American icon that your screen name eludes to. You really do not need to be here if you can not muster the mental power to understand what the game or simulation does presently or know anything of the history of the game itself. Where it is going is in Paul's hands and constructive suggestions are always welcome. Argumentative insults to members who like to participate here is just crude behavior. I hope you would not be so willing to act in this manner if you were in the same room with the people you are disparaging. The result might be somewhat different than a TYPED RESPONSE.

Thank you.

JP
lethal liberal

Post by lethal liberal »

I have played the game since it was a board game back in the 70's,I could care less about a career mode as this is a SIMULATION and if you have IMAGINATION then you can create your own universe and career mode. I like the replays,tourneys,rating fighters etc. I am just glad that someone cared enough to keep this game going. I'm sure Paul is not getting rich off this game as text based sport sims are not the rage these days lol. Hopefully, this game will get better and better and we all can continue to play for many years in the future. Peace people.
lethal liberal

Post by lethal liberal »

Hanson Bros wrote:"Waist" ... says everything I need to know about the poster
LMFAO :lol:
Hanson Bros

Post by Hanson Bros »

I wonder if he thought I was comically beat down ....
johnnywayne

Post by johnnywayne »

Like I said 2 YEARS ago:

"This game will NEVER have a career mode, it is as simple as that."
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Cap

Post by Cap »

Please do not confuse this oik with the famed member of the Wayne & Shuster comedy duo.

As for the career mode, it will be here when it is here. If you had even a tiny amount of imagination you would not need a career mode to create and run a universe, but a piece of software that will allow even you to do that will be available in the very near future. God willing.
johnnywayne

Post by johnnywayne »

Cap wrote: If you had even a tiny amount of imagination you would not need a career mode to create and run a universe

Sorry you can not grasp this, but career mode does not mean taking care of 1000+ fighters....HELLOOOOO!!!!

You want a universe then I am happy for you (this game...err job is for you), but to appeal to the masses, the game needs a career mode and instead of game play that seems more like a job then actual fun.

lets reCAP for you:

- Career Mode does not mean doing EVERYTHING in the game
- Career Mode does not mean 100000000000000000000000000000000000 fighters to handle
- Career Mode does not mean boredom after 30 minutes and then deleting the game.

I know back in your day building mud pies was your XBox, but sorry some of us where born after electricity was discovered.
Last edited by johnnywayne on Tue 30 Aug, 2016 3:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
johnnywayne

Post by johnnywayne »

Paul Norman wrote:Seen the screenshots?

http://www.titleboutboxing.com/cgi-bin/ ... _dev_tbcb3
GJ....we will see, how many years now? Just saying
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

everybody will be surprised :)
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Hello

I've been off this for a couple of months working away.

I was just wondering if there was any further developments or updates to keep us in the loop.

Cheers :)
lethal liberal

Post by lethal liberal »

As I said before, I can take or leave the career mode, have loved Title Bout since the board game. The things I crave in a boxing sim are realism and a constantly updated fighter database. I want to see a guy rated 9 have his rating changed when he loses 4 fights in a row. The active database is the key for me. I love to have new fighters as well as those from years past. My imagination can do the rest. The career mode will make a lot of fans happy and I'm sure I will give it a go and enjoy it, however, just give me the same game with new bells and whistles and make sure that when we hit update everything uploads correctly and does not mix up fighters and ratings. I applaud Paul and anyone helping him for taking on this task! This is why the game has lasted so long, fans who are developers. I am here to help in any way needed. I would love to get an update and possible release date as well. Peace fellas! :D
johnnywayne

Post by johnnywayne »

Just saying....I will check back in 2020.
johnnywayne

Post by johnnywayne »

Like I said......NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

I really thought we would have it by now maybe I was being far to optimistic :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Yes unfortunately I believe this game has been cancelled.

RIP I guess but it was nice to dream
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

come on Paul prove the doubters wrong and release it asap! :D its my birthday this month if you feel like releasing it as a birthday present haha
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Sorry for the silence guys, there has been a lot going on in my life this year and TB has had to take a back seat for a while.

As I have said before TB is a labour of love which is both good and bad. The bad is obvious, TB has to play second fiddle to my "day job" that pays the bills. This means I can;t give an absolute time scale. However the positive is that TB is not a game for profit so it won't be cancelled on financial grounds. Things would have to go very wrong here for me to give up on it. So although unpredictable and slow its quite safe.
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

From what you say because you have not had time to work on it it still sounds some way off is there no chance you could just put it out as beta now? Atleast then we could play it while we are waiting for you to finish it off from the videos your son put out all that time ago it looked playable even if it’s not finished? If not do you think you could give any kind of guess about a time scale I no you said you can’t give an absalute time scale but could you give a ruff one? Is there any chance of it being ready before the end of this year? Atleast some sort of ruff date would give us something to look forward to and give you something to aim for
Cap

Post by Cap »

Paul Norman wrote: Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:24 am Sorry for the silence guys, there has been a lot going on in my life this year and TB has had to take a back seat for a while.

As I have said before TB is a labour of love which is both good and bad. The bad is obvious, TB has to play second fiddle to my "day job" that pays the bills. This means I can;t give an absolute time scale. However the positive is that TB is not a game for profit so it won't be cancelled on financial grounds. Things would have to go very wrong here for me to give up on it. So although unpredictable and slow its quite safe.
Fabulous. So, sometime this decade? That still gives you two years. If you can't make a profit out of it why not just sell it to someone who has the money to push it forward? You could still work part time on it while a full time programmer does the lion's share of the work. This is a sad end to a great sim.
jamesmadden97

Post by jamesmadden97 »

johnnywayne wrote: Fri 05 Oct, 2018 10:50 pm Like I said......NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I mean, I hate to say you were right... But the game looks like it's going to be Title Bout 2025.
johnnywayne

Post by johnnywayne »

Almost time for my annual point, laugh and say I told you soo post.

Oooh where is that silly Hanson Bros, are you still eating that big bowl of STFU, I told you soo?? =P
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

It’s my birthday soon…any chance I can get a copy of the game however it is now for my birthday :D :D :D …well it was worth a try :cry: anywhere near the game actually coming out yet?
Cap

Post by Cap »

Christmas is just around the corner and wouldn't a new version of Title Bout be an excellent gift idea?

Forget it. It ain't going to happen.

Best wishes to all!
zyberianwarrior

Post by zyberianwarrior »

johnnywayne wrote: Tue 30 Aug, 2016 3:44 am
Cap wrote: If you had even a tiny amount of imagination you would not need a career mode to create and run a universe

Sorry you can not grasp this, but career mode does not mean taking care of 1000+ fighters....HELLOOOOO!!!!

Actually it CAN that is one of the beauties of this game you can set up a small universe or a large complex one with over 25,000+ fighters with aging activated for a wide range of possibilities

You want a universe then I am happy for you (this game...err job is for you), but to appeal to the masses, the game needs a career mode and instead of game play that seems more like a job then actual fun.

lets reCAP for you:

- Career Mode does not mean doing EVERYTHING in the game
- Career Mode does not mean 100000000000000000000000000000000000 fighters to handle
- Career Mode does not mean boredom after 30 minutes and then deleting the game.
Unless you love the ridiculous eye candy in EA and joystick happy that goes along with it you will NOT be bored after 30 minutes. Some of use have been LONG TIME players and a few of us have even set up what if universes others go even beyond that (me for one) this current one I have been playing has been set up for MONTHS (with this current version/retool going on for about a full calendar year now look for it in between the ropes). There is a wide range of possibilities and yes even variances in outcomes even if everything stays the same.

I know back in your day building mud pies was your XBox, but sorry some of us where born after electricity was discovered.
LOL
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

Cap wrote: Thu 28 Nov, 2019 11:12 pm Christmas is just around the corner and wouldn't a new version of Title Bout be an excellent gift idea?

Forget it. It ain't going to happen.

Best wishes to all!
Well…don’t look like it’s out in time for Christmas :roll: :? :(
Cap

Post by Cap »

Did I not mention I was talking about Christmas 2025.......
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

So no title bout for Christmas but maybe new year new title bout :shock: :? :ugeek:
johnnywayne

Post by johnnywayne »

At this point do I even need to add anything to this bump. I see even old Cappy ate a big bowl of Crow. :lol:
nelsth

Post by nelsth »

I am a frustrated owner of this game. I moved on a long time ago to other interests but I love boxing and this game was a companion piece to the sport since I stared with the card version in the 70's. I'm fine with the retired fighters. The past doesn't change, but the current fighters are bringing back interest in the sport. I do not understand why the owner is unable to put out an updated version, or negotiate the rights to an interested company that can. In these pandemic times, I still play the game and try to ignore the flaws that, I guess will never be fixed.
Cap

Post by Cap »

I don't expect we'll see anything this year, but it doesn't really matter because we still have TB 2.5 and like many others, I never needed a career mode. So, if it comes out, fine. If it doesn't, doesn't matter.
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

Were as people like me thought about 5 years ago I need a career mode so I’m going to wait…but I didn’t think I would still be waiting :o
Cap wrote: Sun 01 Nov, 2020 10:00 pm I don't expect we'll see anything this year, but it doesn't really matter because we still have TB 2.5 and like many others, I never needed a career mode. So, if it comes out, fine. If it doesn't, doesn't matter.
Cap

Post by Cap »

If Paul could have fixed the few flaws with TB 2.5 and maybe added a suspension/injury list aspect, we all could wait for any career mode to be perfected. It seems this career mode business is too complex to be achieved. Maybe Paul's son could work independently on the aforementioned fixes & addition while Paul labours over the career mode thingy. :)

Cap
johnnywayne

Post by johnnywayne »

:D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: