Title Bout board game versus computer game

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

tchase68

Title Bout board game versus computer game

Post by tchase68 »

Good evening,

I am an avid sports simulation player, but never have located a boxing game until recently when I ran across Title Bout and have read about how excellent of a game it is. From what I can tell the original game was created in the late 70's as a board game. It appears as though it has now become an on line computer game. My questions are:

1) Is the computer game essentially the same as the board game and are all of the boxers available that were offered with the original game?

2) If I purchase the on line game does the computer game come in the mail or do I just pay receive it automatically as is the case with some on line games?

Thank you,

Tim
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Title Bout board game versus computer game

Post by Paul Norman »

tchase68 wrote: 1) Is the computer game essentially the same as the board game and are all of the boxers available that were offered with the original game?
It is basically the same, tho it does have some improvements and tuning. As it is on a computer its easier to generate and view the stats. I must confess I have never played the orginal card/board game so for a more detailed answer you will need a reply from someone else on this forum.
tchase68 wrote: 2) If I purchase the on line game does the computer game come in the mail or do I just pay receive it automatically as is the case with some on line games?
TB2013 is not an online game in the true sense, as it is not played online. You purchase it using an online store from which you download an installer. This installs the game to your hard drive allowing you to play. You can buy the game from here:
Buy TB2013
Hanson Bros

Re: Title Bout board game versus computer game

Post by Hanson Bros »

original game came with a couple hundred fighter cards .... current on-line database of fighters has over 9000 and is always growing