OOTP Hacked?

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

Cap

OOTP Hacked?

Post by Cap »

Can't get into the OOTP website or our Title Bout forum today or last night either. Some evil at work?
Hanson Bros

Re: OOTP Hacked?

Post by Hanson Bros »

good you too ... thought maybe I got banned again
Hanson Bros

Post by Hanson Bros »

still seems to be down
Cap

Post by Cap »

Yeah. Just checked now. Still down I guess. Surprised no one else has come here to offer an explanation. Former disgruntled employee at fault? Rival Chinese baseball sim producer? Adolf Putin and some collateral damage in a cyber attack on Ukraine?
Hanson Bros

Post by Hanson Bros »

someone in one of the baseball leagues I am in said that they are silent on the OOTP twitter account too ... something weird going on ... maybe FHM finally got so bad it shut down the site
JCWeb

Post by JCWeb »

Today I am getting a 404 "not found" message for the website, yesterday it was just wasn't loading.

Anyway, it's personally frustrating because I am in the midst of trying to wrap up with some year-end reports for my Uni and this problem, whatever it is, has put me behind schedule (along with some other things going on right now).

Agree with Mike and Cap that someone at OOTP owes those loyal TBCB supporters an explanation ...
garyrenard

Post by garyrenard »

Has anyone's games been affected? On the same day the OOTP site went down, the boxers file on my copy of 2.5 disappeared.

Would love to reinstall from the website, but apparently only 3.0 is available, which my old computer doesn't handle well.

Any ideas?
hamed2

Post by hamed2 »

Yeah I was wondering too & hope it gets fixed soon.
icetea

Post by icetea »

The change list is not working either. I can't update the database.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

FYI: Andreas is working on it. Seems that the externally hosted webserver went down over the weekend and OOTP Developments are waiting for the server to be fixed. In the meantime the OOTP website is running on a backup server which does not include the forum.

With any luck, by the time you read this it will all be sorted...
Hanson Bros

Post by Hanson Bros »

JCWeb wrote:Today I am getting a 404 "not found" message for the website, yesterday it was just wasn't loading.

Anyway, it's personally frustrating because I am in the midst of trying to wrap up with some year-end reports for my Uni and this problem, whatever it is, has put me behind schedule (along with some other things going on right now).

Agree with Mike and Cap that someone at OOTP owes those loyal TBCB supporters an explanation ...
I agree ... almost hate running my universe without being able to post updates ... hopefully we didn't lose a ton of posts like back in 2005 (??? was it that long ago ???)
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

From OOTP facebook:
Hello fans: An update on where we are with restoring the site: Many have noticed that the main page is back, along with the product pages, but the support site and forums are still down. Tech support has told us there was a hard drive crash, so we are still working on restoring everything.

In addition, we have found a more reliable hosting solution and will be moving to a new provider too. Hopefully we will get this transition completed as fast as possible, and in the future we will be able to avoid lengthy downtimes because we will mirror our complete site with the new provider.

Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we are sorry about this extended outage. More news as I have it.
RANGER11JP

Post by RANGER11JP »

Really? I thought someone spilled their beer in the server at the big OOTP meeting ending party! :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Seriously, good luck getting everything fixed.

Regards,

JP
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

do you plan to bring the fighters database to your server paul??
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

javier_83 wrote:do you plan to bring the fighters database to your server paul??
I already have, kind of... You can update the game directly from my server, but I have yet to work with IceTea to create the upload system and ask him to switch over.... Its part of my foundation work for TB2015..
Hanson Bros

Post by Hanson Bros »

can't update 2.5 unfortunately though ... although this is by no means Paul's problem
JCWeb

Post by JCWeb »

Things appear to be back to normal as I was just able to post a message on the TBCB forum just now. However, it appears that an earlier post -- both in "Inside the Ropes" --doesn't appear, perhaps a keystroke error on my part, but possibly a casualty of the recent server issue. Anyway, should not be too time-consuming to reconstruct (lots of the data I have stored up anyway), so hopefully (fingers crossed tightly) things back to normal ...
hamed2

Post by hamed2 »

JCWeb wrote:Things appear to be back to normal as I was just able to post a message on the TBCB forum just now. However, it appears that an earlier post -- both in "Inside the Ropes" --doesn't appear, perhaps a keystroke error on my part, but possibly a casualty of the recent server issue. Anyway, should not be too time-consuming to reconstruct (lots of the data I have stored up anyway), so hopefully (fingers crossed tightly) things back to normal ...
You were able to get on? I tried again & getting the same message - site not found.
Hanson Bros

Post by Hanson Bros »

I got on and posted in my LBA thread
hamed2

Post by hamed2 »

Hanson Bros wrote:I got on and posted in my LBA thread

Yes I saw it up again after lunch & very happy it was back!