CS Adj & Career Stage

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

RANGER11JP

CS Adj & Career Stage

Post by RANGER11JP »

Gents,
I am bringing this over from the OOTPDEVELOPMENTS BOARD.

CS Adj & Career Stage
Okay, I am stumped. I am running a Universe on my desktop and my fighters are being set to "Begining" stage. They are showing YES to CS ADJ when in a bout. I had set the option to set all fightes to CS adj and autoaging.

Now I have tried to duplicate this on my laptop, but it keeps either turning off CS ADJ or set everyone to "PRIME" stage.

What am I missing? How are the auto aging and CS ADJ supposed to work correctly?

Sorry if I sound punchy.

JP
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: CS Adj & Career Stage

Post by Paul Norman »

Ok I think this might be a confusion issue, I just ran up a new game and tried:

* created new game with full fighter DB
* mass edit all fighters to beginning
* select "activate Auto aging" in options
* select "Age by Bouts" in options
* run 100 random bouts in autoscheduler

All fighters are still at the beginning of their careers, so the aging seems at a glance to be fine.

The CS Adj system was inherited from tb2.5 and should behave in the same way. It allows you to control fighters ratings and there are two types:

CS Adj on Rating

This controls whether that rating can be changed when a fighters career stage changes. If CS Adj is selected the rating values are change to reflect the progress the fighter makes in his career. If it is not set, then a new rating set is created to hold the adjusted values.

Set CS Adj in Options

This runs through all the fighters setting them to "prime" (which is what you are seeing) and if they are not already prime it will adjust the stats up or down according to their current career stage. So it tries to calculate how the fighter was or will be in their prime.

It seems to me that these options are doing what they were designed to do. Does tb2.5 behave differently? What are you expecting the CS Adj options to do?
RANGER11JP

Post by RANGER11JP »

Hi Paul,

Confusion could explain it.

So if I wanted a fighter to progress from BEGINING to RETIRED. should CS ADJ show up as being active when starting a bout? Would it be set by autoaging and/or age by number of bouts?

Yes I am confused.

Also, a new quirk in my game now has developed. Random fighters who have been set to BEGINING are returning to PRIME. Some have not even had one fight yet.

Thanks for your help.

:?
JP
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

To have your fighters progress you should use the aging controls. The CS Adj does not control this, it allows you to adjust the career stage. The options dialog "CS Adj" will adjust all fighters to be prime and this might explain your random fighter issue.

CS Adj on the fighter ranking is probably better described as "Allow Ranking Adjust". Its like a read-only flag on the fighters rating and controls if that fighter ranking can be changed. If CS Adj is not set, the ranking is read-only and when the fighters career stage changes a new ranking set will be created for the new values.
RANGER11JP

Post by RANGER11JP »

Is any of this covered in the manual? Maybe some clarification would be helpful? It seems to be a gray area.

Regards,

JP
Cap

Post by Cap »

I find this a wee bit confusing as well. After I read what Paul says, I think I understand it, but I could never explain it to someone else. We need someone who understands it inside and out and is able to explain clearly in simple language. For instance start off with the difference between CS Adjust and Auto-Aging and how they impact Career Stages. Explain CS Adjust as it applies in the main OPTIONS screen and then what it means in the individual boxer's RATINGS screen. What happens if you use MASS EDIT to turn on CS Adjust?

My understanding of Career Stage Adjust is it allows adjustment to ratings from one stage to another. If this is unchecked, the boxer's ratings remain the same throughout his career and I assume these ratings are PRIME. Auto Aging just allows changes in Career Stages from Beginner to Pre-Prime to Prime, etc.

I'm not sure how this works with current fighters as I only use historical ones whose Prime you can actually define. So we need two definitions of this process.

Cap