Release v1.4

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

Paul Norman
Site Admin

Release v1.4

Post by Paul Norman »

Hi Guys,

I have just released build 1.4 which contains a few bug fixes and issues that have been reported since the last release. You can install the patch by starting the game which will then inform you there is a new version available unless you have turned this feature off in the options dialog. Or alternatively you can download the full installer from you webstore account.

NOTE: Make sure you backup any saved games you want to keep before installing just in case something goes wrong. They can be found at "My Documents/tbcb2013/saved_games". It is a good idea to back up your saved games periodically in case you have a system failure.

Here is a list of what was fixed between 1.3 and 1.4:
- fixed crash changing fighter groups
- changed back/next order when stepping through fighters to match table filter/sorting
- fixed issue that cause the wrong picture to be displayed on some detail pages
- fixed issue where long serial numbers would not fit in the licensing dialog
- fixed crash in fighter reports
- fixed memory leak in image cache
- stopped DQ showing as TKO for winner
- added Win% to fighter table
- added feedback dialog on android
- fixed issues when fighter is at their career end

Here are the bugs I was unable to repeat:
- Options dialog crash
- group import missed some fighters

Please post any issues you have with this build in this thread...
javier_83

Re: Release v1.4

Post by javier_83 »

Testing time!!!

Thanks Paul!!
monkeyflip

Post by monkeyflip »

Hello!

I updated but now I'm getting an "unable to find valid skin data!" error when I run tbcb34.exe. Also, it has my number blacklisted when I use the regular one. The regular one might work if I release the license but I don't feel like messing with that tonight. I figured you guys might want to know that it did cause some sort of problem for me though.

It might help you to know that I upgraded from 1.2 straight to 1.4 without 1.3...
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Ah, if you are on a 64bit computer you no longer get tbcb32.exe updated as part of the installation. This is because it was causing lots of problems. So remove it and use the tbcb.exe instead. The old tbcb32.exe will not work with the latest data.

This also explains your license issue. As you have been running the 32bit version of the game the system is locked to it. If you release your license and use tbcb.exe it will all be fine again...

This is the reason I have removed the tbcb32.exe, it has been causing all sorts of headaches with the licensing so remember to delete it!
jdphx

Post by jdphx »

Great News.... Thank Paul!
monkeyflip

Post by monkeyflip »

Paul Norman wrote:Ah, if you are on a 64bit computer you no longer get tbcb32.exe updated as part of the installation. This is because it was causing lots of problems. So remove it and use the tbcb.exe instead. The old tbcb32.exe will not work with the latest data.

This also explains your license issue. As you have been running the 32bit version of the game the system is locked to it. If you release your license and use tbcb.exe it will all be fine again...

This is the reason I have removed the tbcb32.exe, it has been causing all sorts of headaches with the licensing so remember to delete it!
Cool cool! It worked. Thanks!
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

i import my tbcb2.5 game but my organizations did not appear on my 2013 game... let me import it again..
Cap

Post by Cap »

Paul Norman wrote:Hi Guys,

I have just released build 1.4 which contains a few bug fixes and issues that have been reported since the last release. You can install the patch by starting the game which will then inform you there is a new version available unless you have turned this feature off in the options dialog. Or alternatively you can download the full installer from you webstore account.

NOTE: Make sure you backup any saved games you want to keep before installing just in case something goes wrong. They can be found at "My Documents/tbcb2013/saved_games". It is a good idea to back up your saved games periodically in case you have a system failure.

Here is a list of what was fixed between 1.3 and 1.4:
- fixed crash changing fighter groups
- changed back/next order when stepping through fighters to match table filter/sorting
- fixed issue that cause the wrong picture to be displayed on some detail pages
- fixed issue where long serial numbers would not fit in the licensing dialog
- fixed crash in fighter reports
- fixed memory leak in image cache
- stopped DQ showing as TKO for winner
- added Win% to fighter table
- added feedback dialog on android
- fixed issues when fighter is at their career end

Here are the bugs I was unable to repeat:
- Options dialog crash
- group import missed some fighters

Please post any issues you have with this build in this thread...
Unfortunately, I failed to release the license before I uninstalled the game, thinking that re-installing it might clear up the slowdown problem. Did you happen to correct the problem with printing rankings?

Cap
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

I have been unable to repeat it on any of my systems. I have even loaded up your saved game in an attempt to find it. So far it alludes me.
Cap

Post by Cap »

Just tried this with 2.5 and it works. I get an html page of data that I can convert to excel format.

file:///C:/Users/Cap/Documents/Out%20of%20the%20Park%20Developments/Title%20Bout%20Championship%20Boxing%202.5/SavedGames/myDB05_2013B/Reports/Rankings.html

The last doc is 12 kb in size.

There must be some little thing that is different between the two games for this not to work in 2013.
Cap

Post by Cap »

Clicking in Options causes my game to crash, Paul. So I can't even check options to see if there is something there. There must be something different between version 2.5 and TB2013 as far as the Print Using Web Browser in Rankings goes. Nothing to do with pop-ups in Windows. I've checked that. I'm totally at a loss. I know there was at least one other regular who mentioned he was seeing the same thing with 1.3. I've never been able to get this to work with any stage of the pisd version.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

I am rather confused here, is your pc connected to the internet? If so try disconnecting it temporarily and see if the options open then.. FYI: "My Documents/tbcb2013/config/settings.cfg" contains all the default settings (ie not the ones on the 'games options' tab)
Cap

Post by Cap »

Paul Norman wrote:I am rather confused here, is your pc connected to the internet? If so try disconnecting it temporarily and see if the options open then.. FYI: "My Documents/tbcb2013/config/settings.cfg" contains all the default settings (ie not the ones on the 'games options' tab)
My laptop is connected to the internet. So you're suggesting being connected is affecting the opening of html pages? As for in-game options, If I click on any of them my game crashes. Possible connection???

Cap (grasping at straws)
Cap

Post by Cap »

Paul, with no internet connection neither TB2013 or TB 2.5 html pages will open. With internet conection only 2.5 html pages open. Can you think of any game setting that might interfere with this function? You say that when you use my saved game you are able to open html pages? Even auto scheduler summaries? If so, I'm totally dumbfounded! At least two others and possibly more(?) are experiencing problems with this function. Trying to figure out what the common factor is here.
chaley

Post by chaley »

I just updated to the latest version of TB2013. Now I am unable to view a fight on my fight cards. I push the "fight" button and when the bouts are listed there is no selection box to view the fight. On the bottom of the screen it says set repeats to zero to view bout, but I do not see a 'repeat' button or space on the screen. Help!!!!
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Cap wrote:Paul, with no internet connection neither TB2013 or TB 2.5 html pages will open. With internet conection only 2.5 html pages open. Can you think of any game setting that might interfere with this function? You say that when you use my saved game you are able to open html pages? Even auto scheduler summaries? If so, I'm totally dumbfounded! At least two others and possibly more(?) are experiencing problems with this function. Trying to figure out what the common factor is here.
Ok, lets take this back to basics, the html file is zero bytes long, which suggests the game is not writing out the files correctly. So please send me your game again, along with an exact way to reproduce the issue, complete with organization/fighter names you are using. That way I can trend in your exact footsteps and with any luck repeat and fix the bug.

The options menu is a strange one. I was wondering if opening the options with the internet turned off worked. If so it implies the error is in the online update code.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

chaley wrote:I just updated to the latest version of TB2013. Now I am unable to view a fight on my fight cards. I push the "fight" button and when the bouts are listed there is no selection box to view the fight. On the bottom of the screen it says set repeats to zero to view bout, but I do not see a 'repeat' button or space on the screen. Help!!!!
I replied to your other post in the support thread, I think you need to reset your columns...
Cap

Post by Cap »

Paul Norman wrote:
Cap wrote:Paul, with no internet connection neither TB2013 or TB 2.5 html pages will open. With internet conection only 2.5 html pages open. Can you think of any game setting that might interfere with this function? You say that when you use my saved game you are able to open html pages? Even auto scheduler summaries? If so, I'm totally dumbfounded! At least two others and possibly more(?) are experiencing problems with this function. Trying to figure out what the common factor is here.
Ok, lets take this back to basics, the html file is zero bytes long, which suggests the game is not writing out the files correctly. So please send me your game again, along with an exact way to reproduce the issue, complete with organization/fighter names you are using. That way I can trend in your exact footsteps and with any luck repeat and fix the bug.

The options menu is a strange one. I was wondering if opening the options with the internet turned off worked. If so it implies the error is in the online update code.
Hitting any Options makes "programe not working" kick in. Doesn't matter if internet connected or not. I'll send you my game folder, but it is acting weird now. Opening gym sequence is showing the old scene with Get Ready to Rumble poster and no first aid bag on top of locker. Date is now one I set in another game. Didn't realize this would impact all my games.

Cap
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

OK there is all manner of strangeness happening on your system now... release your license and backup you saved games in "My Documents/tbcb2013/saved_games" and de-install the game. Remove the "My Documents/tbcb2013" folder. Log into your webstore account and download the v1.4 full installer. Re-install the game afresh..

This will clear everything down, and with any luck solve your troubles...

EDIT: if you have any customised data, ie fighter pictures etc, make sure you back them up as well when backing up your saved games.
Cap

Post by Cap »

Paul Norman wrote:OK there is all manner of strangeness happening on your system now... release your license and backup you saved games in "My Documents/tbcb2013/saved_games" and de-install the game. Remove the "My Documents/tbcb2013" folder. Log into your webstore account and download the v1.4 full installer. Re-install the game afresh..

This will clear everything down, and with any luck solve your troubles...

EDIT: if you have any customised data, ie fighter pictures etc, make sure you back them up as well when backing up your saved games.
When you say "..Log into your webstore account and download the v1.4 full installer.." what exactly do you mean? Because when I forgot to release my other license before uninstalling, I just used a third license and installed the game again. Though I didn't remove the My Documents/tb2013 folder. Guess I'll try that next. Have you tried running the saved game I sent you?
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

i found a problem, after i created 50 random figthers using the rfg for my universe, one of those new fighters have the complete fight history of my WBC champion..
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

Another issue is that i cannot play in full screen having a hd resolution (1920 x 1080)
Cap

Post by Cap »

Paul, just noticed that the crash from clicking the tab in OPTIONS only seems to happen if I have Custom Skin active.

Cap
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

ah, are you meaning the retro skin or one you created yourself?
Cap

Post by Cap »

There are three options: Custom Skin, Default Skin and Retro Skin. I meant the Custom Skin which was more or less put together by me with a lot of help from Bob Bask. It's only the trading card frame and the redesigned front entrance.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Cap wrote:There are three options: Custom Skin, Default Skin and Retro Skin. I meant the Custom Skin which was more or less put together by me with a lot of help from Bob Bask. It's only the trading card frame and the redesigned front entrance.
If you send it over to me I will run the game in the debugger using your font and find why the options dialog is crashing...
Cap

Post by Cap »

Paul. My brother and his buddies got my laptop up and running again (Replaced Win 8.1 with 7) and I managed to load my trading card overlay using Bob Bask's --extractskin procedure. However, when I tried it again to load the custom intro background, I got the "TB2013.exe has stopped working message" instead after using --packskin. At this point I have spent several hours in total trying to load two simple images. Not sure why I don't just give up.

Time to unlicense and uninstall yet again. Lost count how many times I've done it.

Needless to say I do not enjoy this process. Hope you can figure something out from the files I've sent you.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Cap, you really are going through the ringer arn't you... I have your email and will work through your issues as soon as I complete my OOTP duties.... Hang in there...