Where are they?

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

jdphx

Where are they?

Post by jdphx »

These so called "hidden" cookies within the game???

"There are 4 hidden cookies in the game" :?:
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Where are they?

Post by Paul Norman »

They are all on the fight page. Three of them work on all platforms but one only works on Linux. See this page in the TBCB manual about the cookies:
http://wiki.titleboutboxing.com/cgi-bin ... gi?Cookies

FYI: the three cross-platform cookies will also work on iPhone and Andriod if you have a hardware keyboard pugged in.
mwhite

Post by mwhite »

Maybe it's just me - but I'm having a helluva time getting any of the "cookies" to run. How does one go about activating say the 'speech or black & white old movie look.' Tried to activate the TEXT TO SPEECH feature by typing the word "say" like it describes in the manual - during the game while its running there is no way to type-text. Can't type anything. Is there a special bar that needs to be activated? I know what to do to activate the cookies - but where or how do you type this? Anybody got any ideas on this - cause right about now, I'm stumped! Thanks in advance for your time and energy. :idea:
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

There is not an area to enter text, you simply tap the keys on the keyboard. These features are hidden after all ;) When you are viewing a fight hit the 'o', 'l' and 'd' keys on the keyboard and once you have pressed the 'd' key the ring view above will go black and white...

Good luck....
mwhite

Post by mwhite »

;) ;) ;) Thank you Paul - Will be giving this a try. :-)
Cap

Post by Cap »

Is it possible to edit the config file to make this B/W change permanent?

Cap

P.S. Paul you could go back and remove the stripe in the trunks of one of the two fighters to make them different from each other.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Cap wrote:Is it possible to edit the config file to make this B/W change permanent?
Once you turn on a cookie it will stay on until you turn it off as it is already stored in the config file.
Cap wrote:P.S. Paul you could go back and remove the stripe in the trunks of one of the two fighters to make them different from each other.
Sorry Cap, my artistic skills are not that good. I have done the best I can but it needs someone with better art skills to improve them further. Feel free to give it a go....
mwhite

Post by mwhite »

Paul - writing to "thank you" for pointing out the cookies code. I tried it and wanted to tell you it worked - just as advertized. Appreciate the fast response.
Cap

Post by Cap »

Paul Norman wrote:
Cap wrote:Is it possible to edit the config file to make this B/W change permanent?
Once you turn on a cookie it will stay on until you turn it off as it is already stored in the config file.
Cap wrote:P.S. Paul you could go back and remove the stripe in the trunks of one of the two fighters to make them different from each other.
Sorry Cap, my artistic skills are not that good. I have done the best I can but it needs someone with better art skills to improve them further. Feel free to give it a go....
I just figured you could paint over the stripe, but I guess it's way more complex than that, eh. :D

Never mind, just start working on the next version and fix everything there.

Cap