UPDATE 1.3?

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

Cap

UPDATE 1.3?

Post by Cap »

Paul, are you still working on 1.3 or have you started work on TB2014 instead? The guys in the forum are having to resort to talking about MMA again.....brief update would be appreciated.
Infinity

Re: UPDATE 1.3?

Post by Infinity »

I can verify he is working on 1.3. However, I have no idea how close it is to completion.
Cap

Post by Cap »

Thanks. Nice to hear from someone, even if it's not the programmer. Most would be happy if he just popped in once in awhile and said something like,"Making progress with 1.3. I think I'm about 20% complete." Silence on the forum is not good for business.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Sorry Cap, I have been going through some family stuff lately, I won't go into details. As A result I have not made as much progress as I wanted. Rest assured v1.3 is progressing well. I have got iPad2 and Android (htc desire & Tesco's hudl) working well. I need to resolve some skin issues still tho. There is good news, I have improved the loading speed by optimizing the code for these devices.
Cap

Post by Cap »

Guess I misunderstood, Paul. I was assuming that 1.3 would address any existing issues with the autoscheduler, rankings print, etc before you moved on to adapting the finished product to work on Apple and Android with 1.4 My mistake.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Ah, I see... the idea is the v1.3 will be the testing build for v1.4. Both will support iPad2 and Android but also include the fixes you mention. Think of it as a mega update with something for everyone.. ;)
Cap

Post by Cap »

So what we're really looking for then is version 1.4? Based on how things are going now, can we expect to see it before year end?
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

I very much hope so... I am not keen to give definitive times and dates which I am sure is frustrating to all on these forums. I am one person doing all the coding/tech support. When a personal matter or a contractual obligation forces me away from TB, all work stops. I look forward to the day TB makes enough money for me to employ someone to assist me, but until then I am, and therefore TB is, at the mercy of whatever fate has in store....
Cap

Post by Cap »

In hindsight then, it might have been prudent to beta test and brain-storm the product further before releasing it I suppose. Consider this past year one long test cycle. :)
Infinity

Post by Infinity »

Under the previous management of the game it was bleeding users. Paul took a leap of faith on a game that was dying and has worked tirelessly to breath new life into it. No game is perfect from the start, even after beta, and he has worked to improve things. Agreed, I'd like to see a new update to fix various things, but my guess is he's trying to make this the big fix we have all wanted so he can start on 2014. How long did we wait from 2.6.26 before Paul came along? years...so patience and understanding is warranted methinks.
Cap

Post by Cap »

Agreed. On the face of it though, the beta test team seems to have missed a few crucial aspects that are showing up now as more users play test it. It's obvious Paul is putting a lot into this game. It's just very frustrating for the old users who have been waiting years since 2.0 to see real change and improvement after all the promises of the previous regime. It would be nice if, for instance, Aurelio Barrios chimed in from time to time, if he's still involved at all. If he's not, I feel sorry for Paul. Hard slog even with help from the chief artist.

Keep punchin' Paulie! :)
Cap

Post by Cap »

Yo, Paulie! Got any good news for the long-sufering Title Bout fans? :) Have us wondering which we'll see first, the next version of your titanic efforts or Bermane Stiverne fighting Vitali Klitschko.... ;)
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

hehehe, I have got the iPad version in internal testing. Once its out, which I hope is soon, I will release Android hot on its heels. Then I can finish the last few v1.3 fixes... You know I don't like giving dates and times as being a solo developer there are too many things that can interrupt me. It not too far off now tho ;)
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

thanks paul!!, i am waiting to swee the tablet version because of my travels!!
Rob Morris

Post by Rob Morris »

Paul Norman wrote:hehehe, I have got the iPad version in internal testing. Once its out, which I hope is soon, I will release Android hot on its heels. Then I can finish the last few v1.3 fixes... You know I don't like giving dates and times as being a solo developer there are too many things that can interrupt me. It not too far off now tho ;)
Will the Android version run on a Kindle Fire Paul?
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Rob Morris wrote:
Paul Norman wrote:hehehe, I have got the iPad version in internal testing. Once its out, which I hope is soon, I will release Android hot on its heels. Then I can finish the last few v1.3 fixes... You know I don't like giving dates and times as being a solo developer there are too many things that can interrupt me. It not too far off now tho ;)
Will the Android version run on a Kindle Fire Paul?
I don;t have a kindle fire to hand but I can say its working on my Tesco's Hudl and HTC Desire HD...