TB 2014 The Career Version?

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

Cap

TB 2014 The Career Version?

Post by Cap »

Hi, Paul. Many of your fans are wondering if work has begun on TB204 the Career Version yet. Considering that TB2013 is your framework, have you and Aurelio Barrios been tinkering with the next version at all?

Cap
Hank

Re: TB 2014 The Career Version?

Post by Hank »

Cap wrote:Hi, Paul. Many of your fans are wondering if work has begun on TB204 the Career Version yet. Considering that TB2013 is your framework, have you and Aurelio Barrios been tinkering with the next version at all?

Cap
Cap, are you referring to a version which allows you to create or manage fake and real fighters?
I hope that's eventually in the works for TBCB.

I recall a sim game from a few years ago where you started as a lowly, unknown manager and you had to guide fighters to championships.
I loved it.

I really hope TBCB brings something like to the next version. I enjoy making up historical fights, but I really want a living, breathing, dynamic world with real or fake fighters.
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

Yes Hank, they have a plan to work in a carrer mode version of tbcb!!
Hank

Post by Hank »

javier_83 wrote:Yes Hank, they have a plan to work in a carrer mode version of tbcb!!
That is fantastic news!
I will buy that version the first day it's released.
Thanks!
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

yes me too :) i can't wait to create my Javier King-Arum Character jejeje
Cap

Post by Cap »

Unfortunately, if Paul is required to work on multiple OOTP projects to make ends meet it leaves little time to think about the real Title Bout upgrade we've all been talking about since about 2005 or so. Here's hoping one of us wins the lottery and supplies the funds for a team to start and complete a career version. :mrgreen:
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

OOTP15 is out now so my dutes are relenting shortly... I think tb2013 needs another patch, I am concerned there are a few issues that obstruct gameplay.
Cap

Post by Cap »

Might be a good idea to consult Dan Cuoco aka Jofre on what elements need to be incorporated to more closely mimic the actual sport of boxing. Would be an excellent idea if, time permitting, you read The Ray Arcel Story for some blood and guts background on the sport and what happens in a corner between rounds, and the training and other activity leading up to fights. Just as a for instance, depending on the era, the choice of referee and cornermen can radically dictate how long a fighter can last with a serious cut.
Lee

Post by Lee »

Cuts are definitely something I think should be tweaked in the current game before moving on.