Changing Year and date in TBCB 2013 question

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

fatcity

Changing Year and date in TBCB 2013 question

Post by fatcity »

I just got title bout 2013 recently and unfortunately never had any of the previous versions so am still pretty green, so sorry if this question is a bit lame!. Anyway, my query is whether there is a way to change the date and year for a boxer as his career progresses?. I have been building up fighters careers to basically replicate a career mode, but my problem is that the year and date is always stuck to the present day. I ve tried changing it but although it changes for a bit when the fight is played out the date goes back to the present day date... ie 2013 08 03. This is rather frustrating as I had a fighter I wanted to place in the 80s but I cant get the dates on his record to stay like that. I ve tried altering it in edit the same mode as when you alter fighters or venues but the date wont change. This makes things more confusing when you have 30 or more fights and the fighters record shows they all took place on the same date!. Any help/advise on this would be appreciated. This game is very addictive and I would like to say well done to those designing it etc... this date issue is the main thing which is bothering me so far.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Changing Year and date in TBCB 2013 question

Post by Paul Norman »

There are two ways to control the game date, both are found in "Options->Game Options". At the top is the "Game Year Offset:" which will add a number of years to the game date at startup. SO for 1980, set this to -33. The game should now track todays date in 1980. In addition there is a tick box at the bottom "ask for date at game load". This does as it says, and asks you to input the date as the game is loaded giving you perfect control over the game time.
fatcity

Post by fatcity »

Thanks for the reply Paul. I went in and changed the date eventually but must say that it took a lot of fiddling around. I find the game year offset and ask for date at game load confusing, which one takes preference? I did finally get the date back to 1990 08 06 more by chance than anything else but then I hit another snag in that as I am trying to create a career mode I wanted to advance the date by a few weeks or months per fight so for instance do dates 1990 08 06 then 1990 09 12 then 1990 10 05 (I keep my fighters busy) but I found that I couldn't alter the date from 1990 08 06. I tried closing and then when reopening changing the date at game load to 1990 09 06 but it still said 1990 08 06 instaed. I also tried to change the date in edit mode and pressed save and got message your history is changed but then I got a message to save when I tried to exit that page and it wouldn't let me save the change to the date. Is this a bug as I find it hard to believe that you cannot change the year or dates of fights in the history section and the option seems to be there but doesn't want to work for me lol!. I must say that the whole process of setting up the year and date is overly complicated and frustrating, isn't it possible to perhaps have a calander set up on the wall of the menu and just be able to go in and pick a date like that, either in the past or future. It may sound a bit pedantic but the whole process of choosing a date for a fight and building up a fighters schedule can be one of the most interesting parts of a boxing sim and I just feel it shouldn't be so complicated. I might be doing some things wrong but the inability to change the dates from fight to fight is rather baffling for me. Just to add when I set up a fight I put in the date of 1990 09 09 but it still came out in the fighters history as 1990 08 06. So basically if I have my fighter fight five times in one day they will all end up on the same date. Thanks again for your help so far...
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Time flow is one of the areas that is going to have a lot of attention in the next version of the game. Its all a little clunky at present. I like the idea of a calendar on the wall allowing you to change the game date with ease.
fatcity

Post by fatcity »

I think a calendar would be a good idea too!. Till that's fixed though is there anyway that I can change dates ie keep the year but add weeks, months to that year?. As I said earlier I find that I cannot change dates in the edit mode, depite being able to change other aspects of the fighters... is this a bug?. When I attempt to I get a message saying do you want to save changes to which I choose yes but the bar doesn't close and in the end I have to discard the changes to the date in order to get the game going again!. I'm enjoying this game but find the problems with the time flow etc the biggest problem, the game would be so much better and easier to manage if this could be sorted out. I have read that there are plans to do a android version of this game which is interesting and understandable but I do hope that the little niggles with the pc version wont be neglected in favour of the android version, personally I would think itd be a good idea to get the pc version 100% before going full steam into the android.