General game directions

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

Texan73

General game directions

Post by Texan73 »

I paid for the game. It gave me a registration code, which did not work. I got into the game, which had no fighters. Many of the options were not accessible probably due to the fact the code would not work. I finally deleted the game so my computer would work properly again. The version 2 game is so simple and easy. Why is this one so difficult to buy, install, and operate.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: General game directions

Post by Paul Norman »

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble, but without specific information I am unable to help resolve your issues. One general sugestion, try installing to a custom folder, say "C:\tbcb2013" as it might help with the missing fighter problem.
Texan73

Post by Texan73 »

I'll describe the experience, but I have deleted the game, so this is immaterial now. Perhaps it will assist others. I went throught the pay proceedures as instructed and returned to "my account". The instructions read that "you should see two licenses which include the download links you need to get the latest version". I got one code (xxxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx). Also included was a choice of browsers used. Mine is Microsoft, so I chose that one. The download went well. The game opened up, but never asked for the code. After testing the options and various buttons, I tried to set up a fight, but could find no fighters in the database. I found ring announcers, venues, judges, even card carrying girls. Everything was ready to go except fighters. I discovered an option which allows for downloads from what appears to be a boxing (fighter) website. I chose to update all categories and it downloaded over 8,000 files and took some 4-5 minutes. Still, nothing new in the game. Then, I was prompted somewhow to enter my code. I did and was given three choices after I entered it: TRY AGAIN, CANCEL, OR THE THIRD I CAN'T REMEMBER, but it was not one that would enter the code or assist with the game. Then it informed me that this was an incorrect code. I re-entered it thinking maybe the spelling or whatever was typed wrong, but I got the same message. So, I'm sure I went about all of this wrong, but I attempted to follow the directions given in the initial purchase. There was never any serial numbers given or mutiple licenses given to me. Thanks.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

OK, if you log into your account you should see two licenses listed under the "My Licenses" tab. You can try the second serial number if the first stops working. Here is some of the common issues with the webstore:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2

I am unsure as to how you got a game without any fighters in. Did you untick any of the division selections when starting the game? To re-add missing fighters select "Update from pool" on the notice board in the middle of the main screen. Make sure all the selections have a green tick in them and click on OK. This will load in all the fighters from the databae into the current saved game. Here is the game manual so you can read about the features in the game:
http://www.pisd.co.uk/tbcb/tb2013/TBCB% ... Manual.pdf
Texan73

Post by Texan73 »

I found the other license and everyhting works great. Thanks so much for your kindness.