Rankings

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

RWJones212

Rankings

Post by RWJones212 »

What criteria is used in determining the organisational ranking of the fighters?

Thanks!
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Rankings

Post by Paul Norman »

Its an accumulative performance count multiplied by an organisation factor...
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

its a question PAul, does the new titles or organization that we create, are going to have the same ranking or will change? in the past version we had that "issue" for saying like that, that every custom title has the same rankings.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

javier_83 wrote:its a question PAul, does the new titles or organization that we create, are going to have the same ranking or will change? in the past version we had that "issue" for saying like that, that every custom title has the same rankings.
Its something I have on my master list. I need to work out a sensible way to tune your organizations ranking which will be a combination of factors, record, past titles current titles etc.. Then you can set how much importance the ranking will give each aspect of the calculation.
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

ohh perfect!! :D, thanks a lot for all your effort Paul!!

by looking your avatar, your linux fan boy right???
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

javier_83 wrote:ohh perfect!! :D, thanks a lot for all your effort Paul!!

by looking your avatar, your linux fan boy right???
Yes, I have been working for ten years on Linux. CM4, FMH and FML were all working on Linux as I used it as my desktop at SI. They never released the game on Linux but it technically worked!

Likewise TBCB2013 was developed on Linux, even the Windows build is done on my Linux laptop... I guess the reason I like it is my first job was coding FAA approved flight simulators on Silicon Graphics and Motorolla Unix boxes... In fact I got Marc (SI Marc) his first Job working on the same systems. We have been mates ever since... Tho we initially met at Uni, its during that first job we really got to know each other...
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

hehe since i was in college that i took a red hat course, but after that i never touch it again, another thing is that the tools that i use to make the test automation and the management of the test projects is only for windows!!
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

javier_83 wrote:the tools that i use to make the test automation and the management of the test projects is only for windows!!
Thats what the Wine project is for... Windows S/W running on linux/wine layer is far more stable IMO... I run TB2.5 in wine ;)
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

ejejeje i can bet, but not every client want to use open source tools because the support and other legal stuff :p
Cap

Post by Cap »

RWJones212 wrote:What criteria is used in determining the organisational ranking of the fighters?

Thanks!
I prefer the alphabet organisations' method. First you take a handful of darts and a blindfold.....