Fighter Updates 2020?

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

Ginnseven

Fighter Updates 2020?

Post by Ginnseven »

Hi,

I recently re-installed this game after a few years off. I realize there is no clear news on the new version front, but is there any way to update the fighters via server/boxrec? Does this even work anymore?

For example the fighters are very outdated. I would love to play this game version as is but the active fighter database looks to be from 2015 at best. I run the Update and it comes out as all zeros.

To give you an idea the top active fighters are Mayweather, Jones Jr, the Klitschko bros.. etc..

As it stands it is basically a Retired Fantasy Simulator.

Besides adding fighters manually are there any plans to update the server or database with fighters?

Thanks.
pilight

Re: Fighter Updates 2020?

Post by pilight »

They changed the address of the database. See here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31377
Ginnseven

Post by Ginnseven »

Thanks, I tried that and it seemed to update but things look really out of wack. For example the 3 top heavyweights and ratings are:

Alex Miskirtchian 13 LOL a retired featherweight???
Thabiso Mchunu 11
Rene Dettweiler 10

Tyson Fury is in there with a rating of 6 and Anthony Joshua is a 3??

Here is something really funny under retired heavyweights the number 9 is Oscar Talemaira, some guy who had a record of 3-32-2!!! His rating is 13 and he is ahead of Joe Frazier...

There are a ton of other crazy stuff like this!

So something is definitely wrong. Too bad because this is an awesome game all it needs is the fighters and ratings to be able to be updated correctly.
pilight

Post by pilight »

That's something unique to TB2013. Never seen 2.5 do that.