Paul, Still Nothing?

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

Tomato Can

Paul, Still Nothing?

Post by Tomato Can »

…...

Hello...

We love this game...

Please don't just let it die...

Surely you have some OOTP friends that can help pull this together...

Don't forget us...

If you already know it truly is dead, please make arrangements for someone else to take it over...
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Paul, Still Nothing?

Post by Paul Norman »

Hi, you are not forgotten, I was working on TB3 two weeks ago until OOTP commitments intruded again!... As has been said on this forum I am working on TB in my spare time so I can only progress when time allows. Its very sad as I fixed many of the issues I see posted here, but I need the game to be stable before I can release. I hope to restart testing again soon...

I know this feels like platitudes as you have been waiting so long, I wish I could give a more solid answer. As soon as I can I will...

TB3 is not dead, nor forgotten...
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

How close is it? How much more work do you think you have got to put in to it to make it stable enough to it out? Seems like the same vagueness that we have had every year and we stillll don’t get the game? Any chance of us getting to play it before the end of the year? Or do you think it needs a lot of work yet…is there anything more you can tell us just so we have a rough idea of how close it is?
Cap

Post by Cap »

Almost six years later and still unstable. Of course we're talking about extremely limited amount of time actually spent fiddling with the game's inner workings. OOTP comes first, then family, then TV, playing with the family dog, yard work, fixing that wonky step, changing that light bulb in the hall closet, ordering pizza, reading that funny article on the internet, watching those multi-part documentaries on Youtube, etc etc.

Any time now.....
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

I am re-writing the finance module as it was not working and is key to the gameplay. After thats working I hope to get a new test build out. The focus there will be to test the simulation mode for stability.
Cap

Post by Cap »

Paul Norman wrote: Sat 15 Aug, 2020 9:44 am I am re-writing the finance module as it was not working and is key to the gameplay. After thats working I hope to get a new test build out. The focus there will be to test the simulation mode for stability.
Glad to hear you're alive and well. Carry on.
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

Paul Norman wrote: Sat 15 Aug, 2020 9:44 am I am re-writing the finance module as it was not working and is key to the gameplay. After thats working I hope to get a new test build out. The focus there will be to test the simulation mode for stability.
It’s good that it’s still being worked on but that’s were the positivity kinda ends…still seems like your hinting that it could be a long time yet and don’t expect anything any time soon…hopefully I am wrong and we all get to play it soon
jamesmadden97

Post by jamesmadden97 »

Paul Norman wrote: Wed 12 Aug, 2020 7:47 pm Hi, you are not forgotten, I was working on TB3 two weeks ago until OOTP commitments intruded again!... As has been said on this forum I am working on TB in my spare time so I can only progress when time allows. Its very sad as I fixed many of the issues I see posted here, but I need the game to be stable before I can release. I hope to restart testing again soon...

I know this feels like platitudes as you have been waiting so long, I wish I could give a more solid answer. As soon as I can I will...

I think if we can get a good enough committed fan base and fund a patreon, could this maybe tempt you into starting to work on TB again? I am definitely happy to pay monthly to support the development of the game, of course deeming it’s fixed correctly, you could even find help if there’s plenty who chip in?
Cap

Post by Cap »

jamesmadden97 wrote: Sun 14 Mar, 2021 12:39 am
Paul Norman wrote: Wed 12 Aug, 2020 7:47 pm Hi, you are not forgotten, I was working on TB3 two weeks ago until OOTP commitments intruded again!... As has been said on this forum I am working on TB in my spare time so I can only progress when time allows. Its very sad as I fixed many of the issues I see posted here, but I need the game to be stable before I can release. I hope to restart testing again soon...

I think if we can get a good enough committed fan base and fund a patreon, could this maybe tempt you into starting to work on TB again? I am definitely happy to pay monthly to support the development of the game, of course deeming it’s fixed correctly, you could even find help if there’s plenty who chip in?
At least one of our comrades has already offered financial assistance I'm told. Paul seems disinterested and wants no help working on his hobby project. Now that OOTP has sold out to a Korean company, not sure what work, if any, Paul would be doing on their baseball sim. I'm guessing he's more distracted by honey-do lists at home and family projects. :D
Rob Morris

Post by Rob Morris »

This is vapourware now, time to forget all about it, for all of us.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

At least one of our comrades has already offered financial assistance I'm told.
I've not had a serious offer... A few poeple over the years have asked questions but no concrete offers.... Money is not the issue, its development time and full time professional C++ delveopers are not cheap!
Now that OOTP has sold out to a Korean company, not sure what work, if any, Paul would be doing on their baseball sim.
Bloody Loads!... My contract with OOTP is still in place and in the last year there have been 3 releases back to back which meant my usual TBCB dev time May-Nov (ish) did not happen last year... Not to mention 3 national lock dows with kids home schooling etc...
Thats you call, but I am now looking back at the TBCB3 code...it will be released one day, unless I go senile first which is a very real concern...
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

…Sooooo still nowhere near being released then…
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

lewis9a wrote: Mon 26 Apr, 2021 8:26 pm …Sooooo still nowhere near being released then…
Near, well yes... all the elements are in an working (sortof) I just need to tune then so they have sensible results... I have not been able to progress the code for over a year now which has annoyed me, but I can see some time comming up to try and get it tuned.... The really frustrating thing is I have done a lot of the hard work already... I am not happy to leave this unfinished!
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

ATM your junior fighter can (and does) get an undercard invite for which you get lots of £ which unbalances the rest of the game...
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

So is it not done enough to get a version of the game out soon? And then release updates as often as you can? That sounds like a fairly small thing that needs changing?
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

lewis9a wrote: Mon 26 Apr, 2021 8:40 pm So is it not done enough to get a version of the game out soon? And then release updates as often as you can? That sounds like a fairly small thing that needs changing?
As soon as it plays relatively sensibly I will release it to public Beta under Per-release. But it needs to be playable ATM to fights in you have enough cash to buy any player.. also you cabn loose money on some cards...
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

So you said you have some time coming up to work on it how high would you say the chances are that we will get the beta in the next few months?
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

lewis9a wrote: Mon 26 Apr, 2021 8:51 pm So you said you have some time coming up to work on it how high would you say the chances are that we will get the beta in the next few months?
I have not worked with this code for over a year so I need to understand how much work is left. I knwo I was in the middle of rebuilding the finance model when OOTP dragged me away so it will prob take 3-4 days just to work out where I had got too...

Uninterrupted there is 2-3 months work till I have something to release, but it would be irresponsible of me to make any promises as I do not know what demands will be made of me in that time..
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

I know you don’t like committing to dates just trying to get some sort of optimism and hope from you as someone who is desperate for any version of this game even just a beta
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

lewis9a wrote: Mon 26 Apr, 2021 9:01 pm I know you don’t like committing to dates just trying to get some sort of optimism and hope from you as someone who is desperate for any version of this game even just a beta
that's not lost on me... as a gaming fan myself I know whats its like... I forget how long I waited for Duke Nukum, which after many delays came out on xbox..... I had to buy one just to play it, never got on with the controls tho...

I don't want everyone getting carried away coz that adds pressure and disappointment to decisions I cant make differently... I have contractional obligations that must be fulfilled. Its the main reason I go quiet, there are only so many ways I can say the same thing and I know its upsetting so I stop saying it and stay away as not to cause more pain/. Then coma back when I have something more positive to say.
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

I guess all we can do is hope that you manage to get it to the bare minimum standard for releasing it soon so we get something we can play and then we can look forward to the game getting better and better in the future…until then we have to just hope for the best and hope your working hard on it
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

lewis9a wrote: Mon 26 Apr, 2021 9:14 pm I guess all we can do is hope that you manage to get it to the bare minimum standard for releasing it soon so we get something we can play and then we can look forward to the game getting better and better in the future…until then we have to just hope for the best and hope your working hard on it
thats my plan, this version is adding a lot of framework. I hope tuning and adding features will be easier with this as a base. Also the simulation mode, AKA TH2.5/TB2013 is a lot more stable now. There were a few instabilities caused by the hand over from OOTP, where I did not understand the german comments in the code. As far as I know TB3 is as stable, if not more that TB2.5
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

Try to keep us up to date with how close it’s getting more then we actually know it’s at least being worked on…the longer you go quiet for the more negative people get and that’s when we start to feel like it’s dead
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

OK, I'll try... I have too much time invested in the game, it will either be bought out or released... Death is the only third option and I am not planning on dying any time soon....
Cap

Post by Cap »

Has anyone like Com2us approached you, Paul? Have there been any feelers from "anyone" about buying you out? Seems like the most profitable exit for you.

P.S. Had not realized you had responded the other day. When we don't hear anything we just assume you've moved on to other projects.

Cap
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

I would actually prefer Paul to release it soon than him to sell it if he has the time to do it…from what we have seen I like how it’s looking and I think it looks so close to him being able to release an early version of it it’s just weather he can put some in go in to it and get it out or if we have to wait another year for another months work on it if it is the latter hopefully he does sell it but if he can get an early version out in the next few months I’ll be happy
pilight

Post by pilight »

Good to hear from you, Paul

I hope you'll forgive me if my expectations remain low
Cap

Post by Cap »

It seems another company is actually trying to produce a boxing game with lots of bells and whistles including 21st century animation.[Something I'm not really looking for] If they manage to get their game out it could put a dent in potential sales for a text-based sim. Title Bout has a reputation for its vast number of boxers and this other seems hand-cuffed by having to get rights to active fighters which should mean a much smaller universe.

In either case I don't expect to see anything new this year.

Cap
jamesmadden97

Post by jamesmadden97 »

Paul Norman wrote: Mon 26 Apr, 2021 8:22 pm
At least one of our comrades has already offered financial assistance I'm told.
I've not had a serious offer... A few poeple over the years have asked questions but no concrete offers.... Money is not the issue, its development time and full time professional C++ delveopers are not cheap!
Now that OOTP has sold out to a Korean company, not sure what work, if any, Paul would be doing on their baseball sim.
Bloody Loads!... My contract with OOTP is still in place and in the last year there have been 3 releases back to back which meant my usual TBCB dev time May-Nov (ish) did not happen last year... Not to mention 3 national lock dows with kids home schooling etc...
Thats you call, but I am now looking back at the TBCB3 code...it will be released one day, unless I go senile first which is a very real concern...
I’m happy to see a response man! I was concerned this game would genuinely be out of contrast for you as I saw you weren’t active for a while. I am happy to set up a funded patreon amongst the followers? You could then earn money for working on this game in your spare hours on a weekend, if I knew C++ coding I’d help for free! I love the idea and aspect of this game and the bugginess of TB13 is heartbreaking to say I’ve lost so many worlds and can’t make proper saves due to issues. I’m sure we could gather some people together to fund another coder to give you a hand? I would definitely contribute to this!!

I’m sure Cap, Lewis etc. Wouldn’t mind this either deeming we actually got some progress on this game, 7 years on we’re still interested, I bet there’s more if we searched out.
mcdog512

Post by mcdog512 »

Old timer here. Glad to hear Paul is working on this still. A finance module was all I ever wanted.

I'll buy 5 copies Paul just to support you guys!
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Great to see this is still a possibility at some point. I know the community is desperate for this game. I think when Paul stays in touch (even if he's not working on it) people feel more relaxed. When he goes AWOL for 6 months it can be a little frustrating :lol: