Mac OOTPX Licence Issue

This forum is intended to act as technical support for users who have issues or questions regarding the PISD Webstore.
yfxdfhiwdgt

Mac OOTPX Licence Issue

Post by yfxdfhiwdgt »

I've been playing the game without issue since the pre-release. This morning (06/06), a dialog box appeared with the following:

Processor: G5 Power PC 1.8Ghz 4 GB RAM
System: Mac OS X 10.5.7

The dialog box indicates I may have updated my system, but I didn't. When I re-enter my serial, the "OK" box goes dark and nothing happens. Once I cancel out of the box, I'm able to play the game as I normally would. This box shows up on restart after every restart.
PISD Support

Re: Mac OOTPX Licence Issue

Post by PISD Support »

To get going again, de-license your game (in Game Preferences at the bottom of that window), and then re-license it again.

This problem will be rectified in the forthcoming OOTP X patch.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

I have found and fixed this issue and it will be in the first patch. In the meantime a pre-patch release has been made available for mac users that addresses this issue. You can download this pre-patch release here:

http://www.ootpsupport.com/mac_fix/OOTP10.app.zip

The best way to install this pre-patch is to use the following steps:
* start the game and unlicense it, then quit
* rename your "OOTP10.app" file to "OOTP10 Installed.app"
* unzip this file to where your "OOTP10.app" file was
* run the game up and enjoy!
soundbloke

Post by soundbloke »

In my game the game preferences optiom is dark and I cannot click on it. This happens to me a lot and is becoming really frustrating.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

There are a couple of fixes in this area in the latest patch. Make sure you have installed the most up to date patch from here:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/joomla/
7teen

Post by 7teen »

I had this same problem. Now, I can't get my game to re-activate. I type in my license number and I get an error that says my game cannot be activated and for me to make sure I entered my serial number correctly. I know I have because I copy and paste it from my email.

Any solution for this? Do I need to request a new license or release this license and try again?
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Hi,

Firstly, have you got the latest version of the game. The last build was 10.1.16. You should see the build number at the top left if the screen as it starts. Second have you read through this FAQ as it covers most of the issues people have.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2

Also make sure you dont have any leading or trailing characters when you copy your serial number. If none of this is helping, log into your webstore account and make sure your licenses are available and not already locked. If they are the FAQ above details how to free them.

If after all this you are still stuck, please post back and I will help you further.