Crashing on MAC

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

Dean

Crashing on MAC

Post by Dean »

My Title Bout crashes when I try to open it on my MAC. I deleted and reinstalled but it didn't help. Any Suggestions? Dean
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Crashing on MAC

Post by Paul Norman »

Where exactly is it crashing? What is the last thing you see?
Dean

Post by Dean »

The opening page. It flashes on then immediately goes off.
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

it's the first time you open the game? or did you change something? to your database?
Dean

Post by Dean »

I updated the fighters the time I opened it before this
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Ok, this is bizzare... the only thing that can crash the game that quickly is corrupt data, most likley skin data. I would have expected a few seconds delay tho...

To test this out, go into your Documents folder and you should see "tbcb2015". Rename that folder and re-start the game.

If that does not work, try installing again but instead of using the default system paths install to a local folder, say "/Users/<your username>/tb2015"
Dean

Post by Dean »

Nothing is working. I'm disappointed that I cannot talk to someone by phone to get some guidance. A product shouldn't be sold if the seller doesn't want to help the customers.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Dean wrote:Nothing is working. I'm disappointed that I cannot talk to someone by phone to get some guidance. A product shouldn't be sold if the seller doesn't want to help the customers.
I am always willing to help, just around on these forums. I am extremely busy at the moment supporting OOTP Baseball release, however if you have skype we can arrange something. Have you got a remote desktop applcition like VNC available? If so I can remotely log into your Mac to fix the issue for you.
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

If you install https://www.teamiviewer.com/ that can help with the support. i think it's the bets tool available to support.

Regards!
JDavidAdams

Post by JDavidAdams »

I just bought the game today, and am having the same issue. The opening graphic is displayed, and then it crashes. Working on Mac with El Capitan...
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

JDavidAdams wrote:I just bought the game today, and am having the same issue. The opening graphic is displayed, and then it crashes. Working on Mac with El Capitan...
Do you have team-viewer installed? I could log in and see if I can work out why its crashing.
JDavidAdams

Post by JDavidAdams »

If it's an app... I'll gladly install it so we can see whats going on...
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

https://www.teamiviewer.com/

Once you have it installed, email me the login info an I will connect to your Mac and see if I can work out why its crashing.
JDavidAdams

Post by JDavidAdams »

Sent info via PM
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

I can see from the trace that the game is crashing inside a MacOS system function called gethostbyname() which is supposed to look up the IP address of another computer. In this case the http://www.titleboutboxing.com website. I need to try and work out why it seems to want to crash.

I have noticed that the crash is intermittent and will restart if you keep trying enough times! As I was connected remotely I could not try, but I suspect if you turn off your network to start the game then turn it on again it should allow you to play.
JDavidAdams

Post by JDavidAdams »

I'll just wait on a fix... I tried to do what you stated. I disconnected the Wi-Fi network, then tried to relaunch the software and it followed the same sequence. So... There's where we are... I appreciate your help. We'll just sit by for a bit and see where it goes.