Screen Resolution

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

boxingtom

Screen Resolution

Post by boxingtom »

Hello,

I just recently purchased TBCB 2013 and I cannot seem to get the resolution to full screen. I've tried the in-game option and it simply moves the screen to the top left of the monitor and stays the same size. My current desktop resolution is 1024x768. My graphics card driver is up-to-date and I already tried the Alt+Enter trick while in the game but nothing is working. I've also tried appending "-full" and "-full -h 1024 -w 768" to the target in the shortcut icon.

Can anyone offer any help to get this game to display in full screen? It's essentially useless right now because there are buttons, rows and columns hidden that make it unbearable to play through and at some times even see. Also, is there an official support team for this product?

Thank you,

Tom
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Screen Resolution

Post by Paul Norman »

Hi Tom, You are in the right place for support. Can you tell me is your computer Windows, mac or Linux?

Once you start the game, hold the control key and press F1. This should open the debug contols. Select "PISD Platform" from the list and you will see a selection of check boxes appear in the bottom half of the dialog. Select "Write to file" and "Truncate file on first write". Then close the debug dialog. Now attempt to open fullscreen mode again using the in game setting and quit the game.

Send an email to someone@pisd.co.uk attaching the trace file(s) found in "My Documents/tbcb2013/debug/"
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

You might want to try selecting the maximise button on the window title as it should size the screen to match your desktop. Failing that you can open the config file "My Documents/tbcb2013/config/settings.cfg" in a text editor and change:

Code: Select all

Window Height Override
to:

Code: Select all

Window Height Override
boxingtom

Post by boxingtom »

Hey Paul,

Thanks for your suggestions and I apologize for the long overdue response. I'm actually troubleshooting this for my dad and will try both of your solutions soon, hopefully this weekend when I'm at my parents house.

To answer your first question, it's a Windows 7 machine. To comment on your second post, I tried the maximize button and where you'd expect it to adjust to full screen, the window simply moves to the top left of the screen. I'll try the config file change as well.

Thanks again!

Tom
Cap

Post by Cap »

This brings to mind the obvious question: What is the best screen resolution for a widescreen 15" laptop screen and a 17" laptop screen? On my 17" laptop full screen chops off the bottom unless I set the display at over 1300 x 768. Presently, without FULL SCREEN checked off I have the game screen in dead centre and can see all the buttons on the bottom. Weird thing is in the Pre-Fight screen when common opponents are discussed or how they've performed against each other in previous bouts, it cuts most of this off. If I s-t-r-e-t-c-h the screen wider I get most of this. I'm guessing this would not be a problem on a standard 15" laptop.

Cap