Updates

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

expe

Updates

Post by expe »

How do I get back to the version of the game from when it was released? It's the only one that ran smoothly for me, the updates have all caused problems, so I want to go back to the original version, but I have no idea how.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Updates

Post by Paul Norman »

That does not make sense as the later version have improved and fixed important issues. I would say you might be out of sync somehow and would sugest a clean install will fix your woes. See here for instructions:
http://wiki.titleboutboxing.com/cgi-bin ... ?Reinstall

If you still get issues, please post a discription here and I will try to help.
expe

Post by expe »

I've tried that and I'm still having the same problems, I'll list them here.

To start with it's best to explain what I'm trying to do with the game. I had a universe running where I'd added in some fighters, some titles and bits of other stuff, then updated the records to as they are now, so I could run a universe as if it was a career mode, or as close as possible. I played that for around 6 months, then all of a sudden, it stopped working, every time I tried to start a fight, the game crashed and shut down. I then went through the whole process of setting the game up again, fighting through various issues along the way that I'll explain later, only to have the same problem, this time without being able to start a single fight. In my next attempt I played some fights right at the start, to make sure it worked, but as I started to set the game up, I experienced the same problems I was having, minus the issue of being unable to play fights. At that point I did as you suggested and re installed the game, I've now tried again and before I got to the stage of playing a fight, I had the same problems.

Those problems are:
- When I create a new title and assign the title to the current champion, it lists up to 3 other fighters as champion, sometimes these fighters aren't listed as champion in their profile, but are in the rankings, on other occasions, viewing 2 different fighters profiles will show them both holding the same title. The only way to fix this is to delete the fighters that shouldn't be champion, then make them again and I'm still not sure if this works, the one time I did it the game refused to start fights when I had everything set up.

- Like I mentioned above, being unable to start fights.

- In other games, if I start a tournament, unless there's a title on the line, the game crashes. After one tournament I deleted the title without stripping the winner of it, when I tried to open his profile, the game crashed and I had to delete him.

- I've had the same issues with the RFG that many others seem to have had, fighters being unusable and replaced by another fighter when you try to put them into a fight. I've had the problem with the weights of fighters changing as well, I just had it with a fighter that wasn't from the RFG, I simply added a weight to his rating, when I came back, it had changed completely, probably to that of another fighter. The RFG is also producing far too many southpaws, almost like the settings for orthodox and southpaw have been switched.

There's been a few other issues as well, but those are the main ones. None of those were present in the first version of the game, which worked absolutely fine for me, I'm not bothered with the game crashing occasionally, I've never had the problem with Jay Referson that others have had and I don't really care about minor little bugs in the game, it's a pretty low budget game, I can put up with that. But when it takes weeks to get a universe into a position to be able to play it, only to find that it isn't working and I can't start fights, I get a bit pissed off when I've put that sort of time into it. So I want to go back to the first version to see if it still works fine, so I can play the game, because I haven't been able to do so as I would like since sometime around December.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Can you email your saved game to someone@pisd.co.uk with a link to this topic so I know whats its about. I can then look through your game and work out what going on.