Customization Needs to be Simplified

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

Cap

Customization Needs to be Simplified

Post by Cap »

Just spent at least two hours fixing my copy of the game. Uninstalled. Deleted. Copied. Reinstalled. This business of adding things to the custom skin is way too complicated for old non-programmers like me. You should not need to add each item separately with the --extractskin packskin process as it seems you do now. Wasn't too happy to see that card pinned to my Intro Screen after all the effort I put into modifying it.

Finally got the print function working on my older Vista laptop but after all that I have no interest in playing the game. I should not have to go through all this just to get something as simple as printing to work. Right now I think I'll just wait until the next version comes out.

Got my money ready for the new improved version. With simpler customization built in. No barely readable fonts. Larger fighter pics and commentary text. Etc etc etc. :|
RANGER11JP

Re: Customization Needs to be Simplified

Post by RANGER11JP »

You are right again, Cap!

I like the new look, but my hand hurts after playing for a while with all the pull down menus. There were some nice changes that were possible in 2.5, like setting various default pictures of your choosing. I recall a mod by a member, EVN, I think, that changed some of the screens for a nice look. Now it seems to require a rocket science degree.
I used to change things as my timeline progressed because it was easy. Now, my head just hurts thinking about changing anything.

Regards,

JP
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Customization Needs to be Simplified

Post by Paul Norman »

I have simplified it a little in v1.4. To change the skin images:

* start the game and hit F2
* go to "Documents/tbcb2013/custom skin" and change the images you want
* return to the game and hit F3
* go to options and select the custom skin

For more info see here: http://wiki.titleboutboxing.com/cgi-bin ... i?Hot_Keys