No Saved Game Data Base

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

es2796

No Saved Game Data Base

Post by es2796 »

I just installed the game on my new computer with Windows 7.1. I used my second license as my first license is on another PC. When I downloaded the Title Bout Program and installed it, I got an error message that said: Cannot write to Program Files (x86). It asked me if I wanted to try it again. I did so and the program appeared to install without error, but there are no fighters and no fighter data base. I tried to update from the web but still no fighters or saved game data base. Please help
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: No Saved Game Data Base

Post by Paul Norman »

ok, first remove the game and install again. Either run the installer as an administrator or select a custom location to install too. I personally would install TB to C:\tbcb2013
es2796

Post by es2796 »

I tried it both ways you suggested. I removed the game in it's entirety and installed again. I tried it running the installer as an administrator which didn't work. I then re-installed and tried the custom location you suggested to use C:\tbcb2013. The game installed without any error warnings, however, I still have no saved game data base so no fighters I can use.
Cap

Post by Cap »

Realize this is a stupid question. Are you a new user? Have you created a universe yet?
es2796

Post by es2796 »

No, I'm not a new user. I've had every version of the game since it came out. I had to buy a new computer since the support for Win XP ended. This is a brand new, pristine computer. I had lots of trouble downloading the game (never had an issue with XP) and when I finally got it downloaded, discovered there was no fighter database 2013. I did what the admin suggested and uninstalled the game, then reinstalled it....still, no data base. I cannot create a universe without fighters
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Hmmm, this is very puzzeling... have you checked in "My Documents"? If they exsist remove these two folders, "My Documents/tbcb2013/config" and "My Documents/tbcb2013/data"... Then start a new game making sure you select all fighters from the selection filter....

It sounds like one of your data locations has become corrupt somehow...
es2796

Post by es2796 »

That did it, thanks, Paul

Ed