The Use of Cornermen in TBCB 2013

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

popimorenito

The Use of Cornermen in TBCB 2013

Post by popimorenito »

Hi Paul!

I don't know if this issue has been raised or not, but I am finding that the commentary is referring to the cutman rather than the trainer when it refers to the fighter and strategy in the corner. I just recently did a fight in which Emanuel Steward was the trainer for Milton McCrory against Floyd Mayweather, Sr. and his name was not mentioned once. Instead, the game kept referring to the cutman. I am wondering if this will have an effect on the fighters as the cutman is not rated for such things as discipline, motivation, strategy, etc. Also, I would like to know if the computer picks fighter strategies according to the trainer being used. For instance, would having Angelo Dundee in a fighter's corner be an advantage compared to a fighter who has a generic trainer? And would I then allow the computer to pick strategies or just uncheck those boxes? Thanks. Btw, I am using the 1.3 patch.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: The Use of Cornermen in TBCB 2013

Post by Paul Norman »

I have looked into this, and the game is handling the trainer/cutman correctly it seems this is a wording issue with the commentary text.