I-pad Crash Info Lost

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

gerrytrujillo

I-pad Crash Info Lost

Post by gerrytrujillo »

I downloaded the game and spent a great deal of time customizing it to my desired universe of boxing ie: fighters born after 1950, having the fighters begin at their original weight (Roy Jones at Middleweight), etc.

I started having fights at Heavyweight and crowning new champions.

After each fight I go the screen with the lockers and press the "Save" icon. I continued having fights and saving them. However, after about the 5th or 6th bout, the game crashed and my I-Pad returned to its display screen. When I accessed the Title Bout app and checked back on the records, the results were deleted and Roy Jones was back at Super Middleweight.

Any idea on what could be the problem?

I feel like I'm spinning my wheels trying to get out of the blocks with this game. That being said, I love it. I used to have the game board version back in the early 80's as a kid and of all the sports games, this one's the best by far.

Thanks.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: I-pad Crash Info Lost

Post by Paul Norman »

hmmm, this is bizzare... When you hit save it should commit all your changes to disk so you should be able to go back to that "check point". In addition there is a autosave system on iPad/Android to ensure your game is protected in case of a crash. Did you make those changes before or after the last save?

I think the game is being closed by the Apple OS after 4-5 fights due to memory fragmentation. I will submit a fix for that as soon as I can, mean time after your 4th fight, go back to the main menu and re-load the game to see if that helps...
gerrytrujillo

Re: I-pad Crash Info Lost

Post by gerrytrujillo »

Sorry I took so long to get back to you, but I went through a series of trial and error steps and I think I finally found something. The game is still shutting down after about the 3rd or 4th fight, but I remedied the problem with the following "ODD" solution. It goes like this:

A) Game shuts down.
B) I reboot by clicking the Title Bout app.
C) Lockers show up and I click Fighters.
D) I subsequently click Quit.
E) Click Exit Without Saving.
F) Click Continue Game
G) Click Fighters again, at which time you can restart having fights until it shuts down again.

Strange huh? Well it gets the job done.

A few other things:

Unlike my Mac game, which is asking for permission to upgrade to 1.4, the I-Pad automatically upgraded without providing the option and I didn't lose the data.

In the new 1.4 for the I-Pad the issue with the crashing did not get fixed though.

The Fight Card, which due to the crashing issues makes it useless to schedule more than two fights, is now slower than ever with the 1.4. I used to be able to schedule with a QUICK click. Now it takes a good 30 minutes or more for the scheduling to be completed.

Also, the I-Pad 1.4 no longer has the fighters facial images. They are all blank now. Error or by design?

Finally, I'm a bit reluctant to upgrade on the Mac. I'm reading a lot of post where people are having issues and I'm afraid that in the process of upgrading I'm going to lose all the data I've accumulated since I purchased the game. The plot is thickening in my boxing universe. I'd hate to start over. I'm kind of in a "If it ain't broke don't fix it" mode. Is it really beneficial to upgrade? By the way Fighting Harada just won the IBO Bantam Crown.

In all seriousness, keep up the good work. I'm having a blast with this game.