RFG and weight classes

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

pilight

RFG and weight classes

Post by pilight »

I created a universe and set several of the weight classes to inactive. I then went to the Random Fighter Generator and asked it to create some male fighters with random weight classes. It created some in the inactive classes. TB 2.5 used to do the same thing, so I knew how to fix it. I deleted all the fighters, changed all the Boxer Factors for the inactive weight classes for men to 0, then tried the RFG again. It still created some fighters in the inactive weight classes. So I deleted them all again and changed the Boxer Factor for women in the inactive weight classes to 0 (even though I had not created any female fighters). The I tried the RFG again and it worked as I wanted, creating fighters only in the active weight classes.

Ideally the RFG would pick this up when I made the weight classes inactive, but I can see why it doesn't. OTOH, having the women's boxer rating affect the creation of male fighters (and presumably vice versa) is a bug that should be fixed.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: RFG and weight classes

Post by Paul Norman »

You are correct, it was using the wrong boxing factor and the active flag was being ignored. I have fixed both these issues and you will be able to check them out in v1.3...