Lag times when navigating menus

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

Crawdad7000

Lag times when navigating menus

Post by Crawdad7000 »

First, let me say how happy I am that I can play TBCB on my Mac. Been playing the game since the board version came out but bought a Mac a few years ago and I missed playing this simulation. I'm able to play the game, have created my own organization, and currently running simulations through auto scheduler to see who the champions will be in my Fantasy World of Boxing (FWB). My issue is that it takes me forever to get to the point of even running the scheduler. Clicking on any menu item has some serious lag time. I have to wait for the game to catch up to where I am clicking. This happens in every menu. Many times I am furiously clicking on one item before it registers and runs, for example when I am clicking to open a fighter or run the scheduler, I'm clicking 4-5 times on the item before it works. Sometimes I have to exit out of the item I'm clicking on and then start over before it registers. Adds a lot of time to the game when everything is working this way. I can't page through the fighters because when I click to go to page 2 it jumps to page 5 and when I click to go back one page it will take me back to page 2. It's maddening. I use the scroll instead, but I have to make sure I hold the mouse and move up and down very slowly or it skips through pages of fighters at once. Takes me all night to run simulations. Once the scheduler is set up the fights run pretty quick. My MAC specs are: OS 10.6.8, 2.7 mhz speed, ati radeon 2600 pro card, 4GB RAM. The game shouldn't have a problem on this machine but it's very frustrating that it takes me forever to navigate around the menus. Does anyone know what the optimal settings are for the options section? The manual is no help.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Lag times when navigating menus

Post by Paul Norman »

This is not correct behaviour, nor is it a common one. Can you confirm you have got the latest version of TB installed (currently v1.2). I have been working with OOTP to track a problem on the MacbookPro hybrid graphics cards. This is a problem as the ATI performance side of the card has driver issues giving a bad frame rate. So can you confirm do you have a straight ATI card or is it part of a Hybrid? Can you test your OpenGL frame rate for me please...
Crawdad7000

Post by Crawdad7000 »

Thanks for the response. It's my desktop. I downloaded my second license to my macpro laptop and it runs great. Just a heads up, you can't upgrade your graphics drivers on a mac without upgrading the OS. I run Snow Leopard and the current OS is Mountain Lion. This could be the problem for the desk top. But I also had the graphics card replaced recently because I burned out the old one. So the problem could also be the ati radeon HD pro 2600. So, I'm good to go. Happy that it runs on my lap top and I'm back to playing the best boxing simulator on the market. Sweet!
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

I am glad you are up and playing (or fighting) again...